AMG bumper moulding part number

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 11:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes CL500
AMG bumper moulding part number

Hey guys,

It's been a long and tedious process but I am finally almost done. A few weeks ago, I was able to source a 03+ AMG front bumper from a mechanic who informed me that other than the mesh grills and the fog lights, my stock CL500 non-sport front bumper mouldings, headlight washers, tow hook covers would be a direct swap with the AMG version.

Well I had to learn the hard way: These parts don't fit. Through diligent research I was able to find and install the mesh grills, fog lights, headlight washer covers, and corner lights on the new AMG bumper.

However, I am still having trouble with the front moulding pieces. I've already called 3-4 dealers here in Southern California and unfortunately, the only line that Mercedes taught them to treat customers is: What's your car's VIN number? Sorry, can't help you if you don't have one.

After I explained to them that it would be futile even if I gave them my car's VIN number, as it would not lead them to the parts that they're looking for, they decided that there's nothing that they could do for me.

Could anyone please provide me the correct part numbers for the 03+ front bumper mouldings/chrome strips? I tried to look at the Russian website from reddog and gave the moulding part numbers to the dealer, only to have them tell me that such parts don't exist in their computer.

Any help? Reddog? Beachem? Apdesign?

I guess the silver lining to this hassle is that the 03+ AMG bumper cover actually fits my CL500 with no modification whatsoever.

Thanks in advance.

Jon
Old 03-17-2008, 11:07 PM

Mercedes CL500
Attached is a picture showing what the new AMG bumper looks like.

The missing pieces are what I need to fill the holes on the bumper.

Thanks!

Jon
Attached Thumbnails AMG bumper moulding part number-p3150543-revised-.jpg  
Old 03-18-2008, 02:14 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Jon...didn't your original molding off of your original bumper fit. I might recall wrong, but they might of reused my old molding. Yup damn Mercedes dealer are like that...they wouldn't give you the part number unless you are a dealer or body shop. If they asked for your VIN#...just look at any CL55 03+ AMG on autotrader.com and write down the VIN# of that vehicle and give that to them. They wouldn't know if that's your or not. The bumper is looking good. Your next project should be get clear 03+ front lights.

If this doesn't workout trying calling Bruce he might be able to help...in fact you might be able to get you the molding without the ample holes for the side markers...I wanted that look before...like the European style without the side markers so I end up painting mine. Didn't give you much help but good luck.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:54 AM

Mercedes CL500
Thanks apdesign!

Actually, my original mouldings and chrome strips do not fit the new bumper. I did think about calling the dealer and simply giving them a VIN number grabbed from the internet. However, I really don't want the actual car's owner getting some surprise letter or advertisement from Mercedes later for his "inquiries and interests" in parts later.

I therefore asked the 55 owners in the other forum for help in hope that some of them would actually make a phone call to the dealership for me. I guess I was hoping for too much, as they are under no obligation to help me at all.

Perhaps if I am lucky to have either Jay or Ali come across this thread, they might be able to help me out a little.

Thus far, I have found the part number for the tow hook cover: 215 885 1522

The only parts that I need would be the mouldings and the chrome strips. I have narrowed down to two possibilities but still, I would hate to order the wrong parts again.

Possibility 1: Mouldings and chrome strips come with two separate part #s.
Mouldings (left and right): 215 885 2321 & 2421
Chrome strips (left and right): 215 885 0974 & 1074

Possibility 2: Mouldings and chrome strips actually come with one part #.
Mouldings/chrome strips (left and right): 215 885 2121 & 2221

Jon

Originally Posted by apdesign
Jon...didn't your original molding off of your original bumper fit. I might recall wrong, but they might of reused my old molding. Yup damn Mercedes dealer are like that...they wouldn't give you the part number unless you are a dealer or body shop. If they asked for your VIN#...just look at any CL55 03+ AMG on autotrader.com and write down the VIN# of that vehicle and give that to them. They wouldn't know if that's your or not. The bumper is looking good. Your next project should be get clear 03+ front lights.

If this doesn't workout trying calling Bruce he might be able to help...in fact you might be able to get you the molding without the ample holes for the side markers...I wanted that look before...like the European style without the side markers so I end up painting mine. Didn't give you much help but good luck.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:03 PM

Mercedes CL500
Okay,

With much headache, I've finally tracked down all the parts by myself and managed to get all the parts installed on my car.

For those who may be interested, the possibility #1 suggested in my previous post included part numbers for 03+ AMG front mouldings sold for European/Japanese market. Meaning that these are the mouldings without holes for the front sidemarkers.

Possibility #2 points out the correct/exact part numbers for the 03+ AMG U.S. version front bumper mouldings.

Jon