Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no car
current values. what happened?

help me out here...

i have a black cl500...year 2001...miles 70k...excellent condition

can i get anything decent for this do you think?

what is current kbb or trade in do you think?

its such a shame the car was very expensive three years ago, now just glancing on ebay makes me shudder...

but i really am thinking of trading it for something less consuming and arrogant??lol

any opinions? appreciated.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes CL500
I've looked and compared prices with various CLs and can tell you one thing; Mileage and whether the car still has a valid warranty (Starkmark or extended warranty) appear to be the biggest factors in the price determination.

If you have a low mileage 2001 (50k miles or less) with Starmark still in effect, then you may be able to get close to the high $20k to low $30k range. If not, then you'll suffer big time due to the aforementioned factors and poor economy.

You are right, these cars were selling in $40ks and $50ks just a couple of years ago and it's certainly a shame to see a $100k car selling for just less than a third of its original cost after the engine having just been broken in.

If your car's in good running order without electrical/mechanical faults, I would keep the car for a little longer until the price stabilizes.

Just curious, what is a vehicle that's less consuming and more arrogant as you stated in your post?

Jon
Old 04-08-2008, 06:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001,CL 500
Originally Posted by Baby ///M3
I've looked and compared prices with various CLs and can tell you one thing; Mileage and whether the car still has a valid warranty (Starkmark or extended warranty) appear to be the biggest factors in the price determination.

If you have a low mileage 2001 (50k miles or less) with Starmark still in effect, then you may be able to get close to the high $20k to low $30k range. If not, then you'll suffer big time due to the aforementioned factors and poor economy.

You are right, these cars were selling in $40ks and $50ks just a couple of years ago and it's certainly a shame to see a $100k car selling for just less than a third of its original cost after the engine having just been broken in.

If your car's in good running order without electrical/mechanical faults, I would keep the car for a little longer until the price stabilizes.

Just curious, what is a vehicle that's less consuming and more arrogant as you stated in your post?

Jon
Can a starmark be added? will that help?
Old 04-08-2008, 08:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes CL500
I believe Starmark warranty can be added by the first purchaser within the 1st year of ownership from any MB dealer.

Please correct me if I am wrong though.

Jon

Originally Posted by Wehrmacht_benz
Can a starmark be added? will that help?
Old 04-08-2008, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
07 E63 06 CLK55 Cab 03 P-car C4S
the answer is that as long as it's reliable, you're better off keeping the CL as it'll likely fetch less than a new accord or camry...it's one of the best cars in the world and you'll miss it terribly if you swap out of it, imho.
Patrick