CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Whistling noise from passenger side vent

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG, CL500, Jag StypeR, SLK200, Aygo, Audi TT
Whistling noise from passenger side vent

Ok - that vent\heater grill next to the door on the passenger sid e- makes a kind of whistling noise - when I accelerate it stops but at idle and braking it intermitantly happens. driving me nuts.

Does that vent unit come out easy and does it have some sort of fan in it - that maybe a bearing has gone on it or something?
Old 04-12-2008, 08:06 AM

Big and Heavy 03 CL
OMG! Didn't Mercedes have your car for the past 8 weeks man??? You must be on your last nerve! As a matter of fact I had the same problem with my front center vents. It only happens when the AC is on. Two things solved the problem: turning off the AC and opening the windows, and winter. I'm not about to give the MB ***** my car again for a little whistle....no way.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:20 AM

for get the 8 weeks lark JAY - were now on 10 weeks and they will have it again next week too.

So they changed out the Comand unit as it was not reading CD's. Theyve swapped it out 3 times and yet the unit doesnt have a clue where I am even though the car picks up 8 sats!! Star Diag says the unit is not getting a speed pulse signal. Theyve given up and now when I take it in next week we have the regional tech looking at it.

And they said they fixed my heated seats - the passenger one only gets warm (and im being generous calling it warm) at the very front. So thats now being swapped out again.

When it goes in again I will have to get them to look and fix this whistling noise. Oh and now I get a strange grind noise from the sterring wheel when turning. Only slight but all the same its there. Ive checked the steering fluid - its at max so its not that.

All in all I am VERY disappointed with the CL. Its only got 55K miles yet is falling apart like sits done 255K miles.

The ONLY saving grace in all this is the 2 year Merc warrenty - picking up the full bill on it all - its just a shame the dealership techs are so bad at their job

As Ive said before on here - my next car WONT be a merc - ive had too many with too many issues. Its either gonna be a Audi S5 or a 3 year old Audi R8. Defo NOT a merc though.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:52 PM

Big and Heavy 03 CL
u said it man I was looking at sl 55's and 65's...no more, I'm going with 911 turbos now. I'm looking at 04's specifically. I'm sick of MB. My biggest problem now is paint and non starts. Last nite me and the old lady went out for ice cream, parked the car on a slant foe about 20 minutes and she wouldn't start. The starter was cranking but no fire! Took 5 turns of the key! I love my car but hate it at the same time. I had a Honda s2000 that I use to trash! I'm talking drifting, hard pulls off the line, j turns, powerslides, u name it... Never once had an issue! Same with the zo6. The Porsche salesman said I would be back to Porsche if I bought a benz. So right that little f&ck was.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:26 AM

Big and Heavy 03 CL
The car is now in the shop for a starter sensor. It's gonna cost $125 for the part and $100 for the labor. I'm having my local tuner do the work because MB won't do the fix because they can't get the car to not start! They need to replicate the problem before they will fix it. That means they want me to be stranded on the side of the road before they lift a finger! It's funny how MB can't fix a problem that they KNOW is the cause and they see on a daily basis. Thank god for Tuners that love cars, appreciate customers, and know what they are doing!

Shanus...FYI, the passenger side glass window that I had replaced for free is bubbling already! I thought you would appreciate that info. I go out of my way to keep this car at 100% but what's the use...I can't keep up.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:43 AM

What kinda cheap crazy glass they using on these cars - bubbling already - thats crazy!!

Man I really feel 4 ya. I like my car to be A1 condition - all day when im driving, all I can think of is how ppl will see the windows and how bad they look. maybe ppl dont even notice but in my head its ALL they see.