CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

buy a cl now?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2002, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
buy a cl now?

I have been on the waiting list for a CL for quite some time ( over a year) and now that the car is scheduled to be built I wonder if I should wait.

The rumor is that the CL and/or S class will be "freshened" next year. The competiotion is steadily raising horsepower - it seems likely that MB will bump the CL 500 to about 350 hp and the V12 to 400+ hp - or maybe import the CL63.

What would the rest of you do buy now or wait?
Old 01-12-2002, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Re: buy a cl now?

Originally posted by corgiman
I have been on the waiting list for a CL for quite some time ( over a year) and now that the car is scheduled to be built I wonder if I should wait.

The rumor is that the CL and/or S class will be "freshened" next year. The competiotion is steadily raising horsepower - it seems likely that MB will bump the CL 500 to about 350 hp and the V12 to 400+ hp - or maybe import the CL63.

Oh my Lord!! I would transfer your deposit to the SL55 AMG! I am sorry that you have had to wait that long.

Why so long, if I may ask?
Old 01-13-2002, 02:39 AM

'00 C280W, Obsidian Black/Charcoal
Thumbs up Re: buy a cl now?

There will be a S-Class facelift for MY03 planned to be released mid-October '02. No plans, that I am aware, have been announced todate for a CL-Class facelift. ...RAB

Old 01-13-2002, 09:20 AM

E55
When I placed my order there was more demand for the car and the contract was for list price - which was good. The dealer told me that he only got about one CL a month allotted to him - and there were about 10 people ahead of me.

There were two or three months where I was next on the list but no CL's were allotted. I think this was a hold while the ABC problems were sorted out.

I love the idea of an SL55 but there must be 10 or 15 people on that list - another year or two before I'd see that car.
Old 01-13-2002, 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 Jaguar XJS Convertible
When I placed my order there was more demand for the car and the contract was for list price - which was good. The dealer told me that he only got about one CL a month allotted to him - and there were about 10 people ahead of me..
Ahh.. I forgot about dealer allocations...

There were two or three months where I was next on the list but no CL's were allotted. I think this was a hold while the ABC problems were sorted out.
Oh yes.. I remember those issues...

I love the idea of an SL55 but there must be 10 or 15 people on that list - another year or two before I'd see that car.
It never hurts to ask!!! What't the worst that could happen?!