CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Anyone hear anything definative about 2003 Model? (RAB?)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2002 | 12:30 PM

'01 E55 AMG - Brilliant Silver (very rare)/ Charcoal, K2a
Anyone hear anything definative about 2003 CL/CL-AMG? (RAB?)

I've heard rumors about a 'facelift' for the CL (bodywork, DVD-based COMAND, and the new 450 hp AMG engine ... among other things): Anyone heard anything definative ... or even similar rumors?

RAB: thanks for the S and E updates ... figured the CL updates would be released at the same time ... or follow closely behind the others !?????

Last edited by Drew; 01-13-2002 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-16-2002 | 11:17 AM
Out Of Control!

MB wil probably do a facelift on this around 03 like what adam said.
Old 01-24-2002 | 10:15 PM

'00 C280W, Obsidian Black/Charcoal
Lightbulb Re: Anyone hear anything definative about 2003 CL/CL-AMG? (RAB?)

Drew,

Thanks for the prompt. I prefer to hold off posting anything until I receive 'official' information. ...RAB

Originally posted by Drew
I've heard rumors about a 'facelift' for the CL (bodywork, DVD-based COMAND, and the new 450 hp AMG engine ... among other things): Anyone heard anything definative ... or even similar rumors?

RAB: thanks for the S and E updates ... figured the CL updates would be released at the same time ... or follow closely behind the others !?????
Old 01-25-2002 | 10:18 PM

Let's look at this from the opposite viewpoint then.

What reason would M-B have NOT to release the CL facelift at the same time as the S facelift? They released both at the same time, and they will very likely release the next generation at the same time, or very close at least.

RAB - Thank you much for keeping us dreamers to an "official-ness" in our dicussions.
Old 01-25-2002 | 10:34 PM

'00 C280W, Obsidian Black/Charcoal
Exclamation

cjileong,

You're welcome.

For the record, the '00 CL wasn't launched in the US until early Dec. '00, long after the '00 S-Class came out. I have not heard anything substancial on a 'CL-Class facelift' only rumors and actually don't expect it for some time.

Here's a rare one. In MY opinion, the S-Class changes are due to new competition from the market, i.e. BMW, Lexus, Jaguar. M-B needs to clean up the car and improve it's quality appearance, especially the interior. With the very strong dollar/D-Mark (now Euro) ratio, they can afford an upgrade and not bust the bottom line.

Whether our MBW members like the new BMW 7 Series or not, it will turn quite a few buyers in it's direction so a fresh looking S-Class is warranted and welcome. For the CL, I wouldn't change it at all. BMW has NOTHING to compare. I know, I've owned several of them and the CL is a big trade up. ...RAB

P.S. The DVD-Comand is definitely in the R&D stage. Expect to see something either late '02 or early'03.

Originally posted by cjileong
Let's look at this from the opposite viewpoint then.

What reason would M-B have NOT to release the CL facelift at the same time as the S facelift? They released both at the same time, and they will very likely release the next generation at the same time, or very close at least.

RAB - Thank you much for keeping us dreamers to an "official-ness" in our dicussions.

Last edited by Robert ...RAB; 01-25-2002 at 10:57 PM.
Old 01-25-2002 | 10:47 PM

RAB

Thanks for filling in those gaps in my knowledge. Regarding your comment about the S-Class, I agree wholeheartedly.

As for the CL, I also agree. Like I always say, I will withhold my opinions on design aspects until pictures of the next CL come out, but I appreciate completely the look of the current S and CL. (Likewise with the E and especially the CLK, but that's another thread for another day...)

PS - How do you like owning a CL? My ultimate dream is to someday get that CL600 Sport - For now, all I can do is ask about them...