ABC v.s ESP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 07:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W215/X164/W124
ABC v.s ESP

what is the difference ABC & ESP?
When you are suppose to use the ESP? (When i press the botton when car is park it goes up and goes down but dont all the way.

When you are suppose to use the ABC?(When i press when park i see nothing happening are you suppose to press that when the car is moving like 50mph)

Like the range rover you can press the botton when the car is park it can goes up and goes down. but when the car is moving you cant use it.(range rover height option is wack never work most of the time you have it alway have to vist the shop and that goes for all range rover from 1995-2008
Old 06-04-2008, 11:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07' E350, 71' DATSUN 510
ABC is your hydraulic suspension and ESP is your traction control.

There are two buttons for your ABC the height adjsutment and the sport button. The height adustment allows for 3 different height settings, and the sport setting stiffens up the suspension for sportier driving.

The ESP is to assist in controling the car if too much oversteer or understeer happens or if a loss of traction happens under acceleration. When the ESP button is pushed and the traingle is consistantly illuminated the ESP is "off". Off in quotations because traction control isn't completely turned off this way, it is just toned down a little. The only true way to turn off the traction control completely is Dyno Mode (do a search for more info on Dyno Mode). The MB advertised purpose for ESP is to allow for some tire spin when a loss of traction is inevitable, ie. snow or ice.

Last edited by OLDSCHOOLRICE; 06-04-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W215/X164/W124
I got you!
From now on i just warm the car every three days. As long as there power amd juice going alone the tube i think the should be okay.

Now as long as whatever car you own just make sure you dont it it set for so long becuase that would just **** up the car.

Remember a car was made to drive not to sit and fix. If you want to buy a for 100k and let sit; then just buy a house. And if you want to buy a car for the look then drive it everyday like it is your wife and remember it is not honda that last up to 350k and going you pay what you get.