CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Door Mirrors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL500
Door Mirrors

I have a UK 2002 CL500 (which may be slightly different to the US 2002 version)

A kid of 18 ran into my drivers side mirror which has the Electrochromic auto dimming glass (not cheap to replace) as well as the whole unit.

I wanted to order the facelift units which have around 7 LED's running along the blinker as opposed to mine which has around 9 LED's close to the folding part.

When going to Mercedes Benz part Dept. giving them my VIN and then them trying to run a trace on a 2004 model and he said that my model has non removable blinkers and have to order the whole painted unit which has a (i presume) sealed/glued blinker unit.

As I was needing a new drivers side mirror unit, I was hoping to order the facelifted version and order a facelifted blinker unit and swap that for the passenger side, but it looks like it's not possible.

If it is possible, please let me know if you know how to remove the blinkers and place a new blinker in it's place without damaging anything.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes CL500
Try this instead.

I've had similar experience (or headache) when I wanted to install a 2003+ AMG front bumper/parts for my CL. The dealer simply went with my car's VIN number and told me that the computer said the AMG parts were incompatible.

If you can find a VIN number from an actual 2003+ model (eBay search) and take it to your dealer, I am sure they should be able to assist you find the right part.

Alternatively, you may be able to purchase the aftermarket 2003+ look alike mirror signals on eBay for substantially less.

Good luck!

Jon