Maserati coupe vs CL500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 04:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS350
Ted,

what's the update? did you decide on the CL or the Maserati?
Old 02-01-2003, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
what's the update? did you decide on the CL or the Maserati?

............i think i'm confused. With the 476HP E55..........it got me thinking. I just don't know.

Ted
Old 02-02-2003, 04:56 AM

2001 Lorinser Edition CL600 (SOLD)
As much as I think everything Italian is the best, this is one comparison that doesn't fit into that idealogy.

First off, you're comparing a small 2-seater sports car to a top-of-the-line luxury coupe. Apples and oranges. The Maserati does absolutely NOTHING for me in terms of sensuous styling or elegance, and has non of the pure exotic flair and heritage like that of the other great Italian marques like Ferrari and Lamborghini. It reminded me of more like a slightly better-looking, but over-priced Fiat Spyder (key word - <slightly>).

For it's hefty price tag, the Maserati doesn't stand a chance when compared to other metal in that economic range. Now, the upcoming Maserati Quattroporte - - that remains to be seen at the end of this year, although, from the prototype renderings, it still looks too compact and thus doesn't impress me much either.

I'm not as much a performance freak as I am a styling freak, so the bottom line to me is that you take a tricked-out CL with 20s all the way around and put it next to the Maserati - and no contest. The CL is just way cooler...
Old 02-02-2003, 05:20 AM

2001 Lorinser Edition CL600 (SOLD)
Oops - sorry I thought you were comapring the Maserati Spyder to the CL. I still like the CL better. Maserati still too small.

If you want more sports performance, then get the real thing - a Ferrari or Lambo - even if its pre-owned!
Old 02-02-2003, 07:51 AM

CLK 55 AMG 2000
CLFREAK please don't make more stupid comparison... maybe could you compare your CL with a Smart ;-p

For the E-class, I think it is one of the best sport/luxury sedan and I like it a lot. BUT here in Europa, a lot of cab are E-class . Maybe because it is a very good car. My opinion, I want a more exclusive car, like the CL, the SL or the Maserati.

I actually drive my Maserati all days: actually it is winter, with snow on the roads! I think it can be the same with any MB, but not at all with a Ferrari or a Lambo. You need an other car and more money.

Maybe to help Ted: I think after two test drives (Maserati and CL) of one hour each on your usual roads, you will easily choose the best shoe matching your foot. Trust your feelings.

Lionel
Old 02-02-2003, 08:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 GLK250 BlueTec & 2009 ML320 BlueTec
The Maserati is an exotic car, like Ferrari and Lotus.
With the CL500 you know what you are getting into, and when its time to get out.....no problem!