CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

ABC not for bumpy roads?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2008 | 12:53 AM

19 XC90
ABC not for bumpy roads?

Do you guys think that ABC systems take a beating from real bumpy roads? The roads around my way aren't the greatest at all and still debating on if this car is right for me or not. The only thing really holding me back is the ABC. The car is CPO and I can afford about another year warranty from them too.

Edit: I did hit a bump in the road during my test drive and the rear felt a little funny. I heard around somewhere throughout my research that could be from an issue of sorts, but the car is supposed to be CPO so I don't know why it would have an issue right now.
Old 09-04-2008 | 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
My SL55 is lowered and it is a bit harsher than stock in the firmest setting. When I am on nasty pavement, I switch to the softer setting and it is fine.

The ABC should be fine in Maine.
Old 09-08-2008 | 02:35 AM

2003 CL600 Renntech
I always use ABC sport mode

I have terrible roads in Montana. Many miles of road and very few people to support them. I always use ABC and car feels too soft to me without it. I actually never thought of turning it off, but might try it. I have a 15 year old caddy if I want a soft ride.