CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

2005 CL500 Keyless go issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 03:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1997 W140 (S500)
2005 CL500 Keyless go issues

My Keyless go doesn't seem to be working correctly. First I thought it was because of the key fob itself, but I ordered a new one from MB and when I went to pick it up and tried it I got the "Key Not recognized" alert. I know the blade works in the locks themselves, and the fob came from MB, also I have the original sticker invoice with keyless go as an option. I had to leave the country before I could take it to the dealer and let them look at it. Any suggestions???

1) Invoice says keyless go
2) When I push the button on the shifter it says key not recognized
3) We checked and my model should work with the key fob
4) We opened the Fob and verified that it had two batteries (keyless go fob)

I wanted to check the fuses but the fuse chart for my car is missing.... the only other thing is that I didn't know you had to depress the brake, so I will try that when I go home next month. Unfortunately I dont think not pressing the brake down would give me a "key not recognized" alert would it?

Thanks,

AK
Old 09-10-2008, 07:37 AM
JDB

CLK63 Black Series
Your dealer should be able to resolve this very quickly.

JDB
Old 09-26-2008, 05:03 PM

'03 CL600, '03 Caddy Escalade EXT,'72 Chevy Nova (Hot Rod)
I purchased another keyless go from the dealer and had the same problem. What the dealer doesn't tell you is that after the purchase of the keyless go fob or card (depends on vehicle year) it has to be programmed or sync'd to your vehicle. Which will cost you another $150-200. See if you can get them to program it for free the next time you go in for service...it's worth a shot.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:54 AM

CL500 & 300CE
Keyless Go card issues

I recently bought a 2002 CL500 with only one keyless go card, so I went to MB and had the electronic keys and card reprogrammed (since someone obviously had the "other card"). After they reprogrammed the keys and card, the card didn't work and they said that I needed the "other" card (which I obviously didn't have) because THAT was the main card and that this card that I gave them to reprogram now is no good (since I didn't have the original) and that I now need to buy a new card. So the old card is no good and another used card that I bought on ebay wouldn't work either because it was it was of another dna. Can anyone tell me how much should I pay for a new card?
Old 05-21-2013, 06:02 PM

2004 CL500
BigE is correct. You will need to get the dealer or a indy with MBstar equipment to program the key to the car. The dealers don't tell you this when you order the key. I requested a refund from my dealer stating the key was "not as described and unfit for use" because I purchased a keyless Go key which did not work as it was delivered. They soon programed it to the car at a 50% discount.