P0410 Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL600
P0410 Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction

Hi All,

First post, and just to let you know, incase you're over there reading, I've also posted this on benzworld.org...

Currently getting that lovely DTC error on a 2000 CL600. Along with the associated misfires.

I'm guessing it's the O2 sensor? I'm more than happy to try and replace this myself, does anyone have a service manual, or even a picture showing where it is?

Regards

Ollie
Old 09-10-2008, 08:17 PM

CL500
Originally Posted by olliecampbell
Hi All,

First post, and just to let you know, incase you're over there reading, I've also posted this on benzworld.org...

Currently getting that lovely DTC error on a 2000 CL600. Along with the associated misfires.

I'm guessing it's the O2 sensor? I'm more than happy to try and replace this myself, does anyone have a service manual, or even a picture showing where it is?

Regards

Ollie
there are 4 of them, 2 are in the back of the engine connected to the exhaust pipe. i dont know where the other 2 are. but even if you replace them i think you still need to take it to the shop so they an reset the computer or else i think that it will still show the message
Old 09-11-2008, 07:24 AM

CL600
Originally Posted by Bo CL500
there are 4 of them, 2 are in the back of the engine connected to the exhaust pipe. i dont know where the other 2 are. but even if you replace them i think you still need to take it to the shop so they an reset the computer or else i think that it will still show the message
Hi,

Thanks. I've got an ODB2 reader that can clear the codes so that's ok, otherwise I'll disconnect the battery for a bit.

Do you know what I should be looking for? An air pump looking thing I guess....
Old 09-11-2008, 06:33 PM
Almost a Member!

88' 190D
Sounds like it could possibly be a vacuum / air leak problem of some sort. Vacuum leaks cause all kinds of havoc, including misfires.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:37 AM

CL600
Originally Posted by GRIDLOCK
Sounds like it could possibly be a vacuum / air leak problem of some sort. Vacuum leaks cause all kinds of havoc, including misfires.
Good point, could be. It has just come out of the garage after its B service so a pipe could have been crimped or pulled loose... I'll have a look this weekend.