CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Will it work?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 07:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 CL500
Will it work?

Has anyone use lowering links and one of the lowering moduals in tandem? I was thinking if I static lowered the car with links (as it has been already) then used one of the moduals for that slammed look when parked.
I was informed that the renntech lowers the car 2.5" from stock. My car right now sits 3" lower then stock and its not low enough when parked.
So... if I set the static hight at 1.5" lower then stock and add one of the lowering moduals I could get the parked stance Iam looking for, or will I?
Does anyone know if there is one brand of modual that lowers more then the renntech, or if the info on the renntech height adjustment is correct?
Old 11-22-2008, 11:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 BS
Yes, its possible. I have links and a module. You will be able to slam the car..just make sure your wheels offsets are conservative enough to not hit the fender. Lowering that much will also increase camber.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:57 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
2001 Mercedes CL500 2006 E350 4-matic
Originally Posted by brokenstunter
Has anyone use lowering links and one of the lowering moduals in tandem? I was thinking if I static lowered the car with links (as it has been already) then used one of the moduals for that slammed look when parked.
I was informed that the renntech lowers the car 2.5" from stock. My car right now sits 3" lower then stock and its not low enough when parked.
So... if I set the static hight at 1.5" lower then stock and add one of the lowering moduals I could get the parked stance Iam looking for, or will I?
Does anyone know if there is one brand of modual that lowers more then the renntech, or if the info on the renntech height adjustment is correct?
Good Luck with that low setting, on Calgary's streets...
Make sure your skid plate is in place....
Old 11-23-2008, 04:39 PM

CLK63 BS
Also, the renntech v2 lowers the car 50 mm... 2 inches.

edit: I've heard the kleemann lowers the most, not sure though.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 CL500
Originally Posted by calgary
Good Luck with that low setting, on Calgary's streets...
Make sure your skid plate is in place....
I drive the car in C-town as it is right now with no problems. I just want the modual to slam it when parked.
Its not a daily driver so maybe thats why I have no problems. She only comes out in the summer and stick to the roads I know that are good.

P.S, mike, I have the offsets on the wheels so they do fit as we slammed the car with my adjustable links then the shop took measurments before they ordered the rims from Kranze.
I have an e-mail out to Kleeman regarding their distance of articulation on their mod.How low is your car at static height?
Old 11-23-2008, 08:35 PM

CLK63 BS
Right now the module is off of the car. I had A service done. By this spring the car will hopefully be less than 3 inches off of the ground at the lowest... with the links you can go as low as you want basically..

Let me know about your sizes and offsets. Im interested