CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

STRUT STRESSING! PLEASE OFFER YOUR KNOWLEDGEABLE OPINIONS!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04 CL500 SPORT AMG, '06 Range Rover Supercharged
Exclamation STRUT STRESSING! PLEASE OFFER YOUR KNOWLEDGEABLE OPINIONS!

Hello All,

I am a regular to the site and do some browsing but don't have much to offer knowledge wise. I need some help and would appreciate it.
Here's my situation:
Brought my 2004 CL500 to my local MB Dealership for routine maintenance and a whole lot more came out of it than expected and wanted. My rep. informed me that the front struts are in the final stages of their life although they are not leaking just yet. He said I do have sometime left (Maybe another 10k miles or so) before the car drops on me. It's got approx. 84k on it now but before coming to into my possession was off a lease in Beverly Hills by a lawyer(Ihave the original sale papers/receipts and car sticker. Much of the mileage was accumulated from trips to Aspen. So to the best of my knowledge it hasn't been driven hard. Could the struts really be in that bad of shape at 84k miles? The rep. at MB said with labor, the struts would cost $5,000, not including tax and here in NY that's a lovely 8.75%. Does anyone have any experiences with the struts on their beauties? Also after digging on the internet for aftermarket struts I've come up short and cannot for the life of me find any, new or used. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!