CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

CL600 2002 active body control - fault

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL 600
CL600 2002 active body control - fault

Warning sign has just come on saying "ACTIVE BODY CONTROL" - "DRIVE CAREFULLY" it's in red and the reset button won't allow me to reset it. The car drives ok but suspension feels much softer.

Does any one have any idea what the problem could be, easy or difficult to fix, how long to do & is it expensive? An answer to any part would be helpful!

Mike
Old 12-14-2008, 01:18 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
2001 Mercedes CL500 2006 E350 4-matic
Originally Posted by mgbell
Warning sign has just come on saying "ACTIVE BODY CONTROL" - "DRIVE CAREFULLY" it's in red and the reset button won't allow me to reset it. The car drives ok but suspension feels much softer.

Does any one have any idea what the problem could be, easy or difficult to fix, how long to do & is it expensive? An answer to any part would be helpful!

Mike
There really is nothing inexpensive, when it comes to fixing ABC problems. Are there any leaks? (power steering oil on the ground) Check the dipstick for the Tandem Pump - with engine running, and without engine running, different marks on the dipstick..The reset button does not override any of the ABC warning messages..If you are lucky, an ABC oil and filter change might solve your problem. Has the recall for the high pressure oil line been carried out?? A visit to your dealer might be in order to prevent more damage to the ABC system.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL 600
Thanks Calgary, I will check in the morning when I can see!