CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

left headlight turn signal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 12:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cl600
left headlight turn signal

hey all has anyone experenced problems wit the turn signal in the headlight i had my mechanic attempt to change the bulb but he was saying it wasn't the bulb he thinks it's a short somewhere help me out someone

2002 cl600 full body lorinser kit platinum siver light grey interior
Old 01-29-2009, 01:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E53 Wagon, Model 3, Miata, etc, etc
If the mechanic THINKS it's a short then you can sack him, if he think there's a short, he should use a volt meter to check the voltage giving out, if it is a short, he should trace it down, it's just wiring, if he can find out it's a short, he can tell you to pay to fix it. Unless he's not bothered to do it at all.....
Old 01-29-2009, 11:31 AM

CL500
Originally Posted by droc112
hey all has anyone experenced problems wit the turn signal in the headlight i had my mechanic attempt to change the bulb but he was saying it wasn't the bulb he thinks it's a short somewhere help me out someone

2002 cl600 full body lorinser kit platinum siver light grey interior

I have the same problem but on the right front blinker. the bulp is fine but it doesnt work. if i take it out and put it back it its fine for several uses and then it stops. so i just dont use my blinkers.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cl600
my mechanic said he did put a volt meter on there and said when we play with the turn signal it would get some spark and then eventually stop working, but maybe he didnt want to get to involved but i jus met a tech thru a friend of mind who used to work for mb stealership that had left and started his own buisness i'm gettin my car towed to him today. Besides this problem i have a proble with my abc unit. i spoke with him yesterday and he told me he has all of the software that they use at the stealership so i'm going to see what he can do!!!
Old 01-29-2009, 02:07 PM

CL500
Originally Posted by droc112
my mechanic said he did put a volt meter on there and said when we play with the turn signal it would get some spark and then eventually stop working, but maybe he didnt want to get to involved but i jus met a tech thru a friend of mind who used to work for mb stealership that had left and started his own buisness i'm gettin my car towed to him today. Besides this problem i have a proble with my abc unit. i spoke with him yesterday and he told me he has all of the software that they use at the stealership so i'm going to see what he can do!!!
let me know what he says because i want to fix my blinker too.