CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

New problem !#!%!#!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cl500
Angry New problem !#!%!#!

After fixing my rear valve block problem, I now have a new problem on my hands. A day after getting the car back, my check battery light came on. I also noticed a strange sound every time the light showed up. I took it back to the dealership where the tech hooked the battery up to a machine. He told me the battery is overcharging. He said it is probably my alternator. My service advisor brought up the fact that it could be the voltage regulator since my car had a recall a few years ago for that part. So now I have to take my car back today to see if the techs installed the correct voltage regulator from that recall or not. My service advisor does not think that the part should go bad so soon unless the wrong type of regulator was installed. Has anyone had this problem?
Old 02-04-2009, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
86 190E 2.3-16v, 92 500E, 03 CL55 AMG, 08 E3504M Brabus
Originally Posted by mbgrl500
After fixing my rear valve block problem, I now have a new problem on my hands. A day after getting the car back, my check battery light came on. I also noticed a strange sound every time the light showed up. I took it back to the dealership where the tech hooked the battery up to a machine. He told me the battery is overcharging. He said it is probably my alternator. My service advisor brought up the fact that it could be the voltage regulator since my car had a recall a few years ago for that part. So now I have to take my car back today to see if the techs installed the correct voltage regulator from that recall or not. My service advisor does not think that the part should go bad so soon unless the wrong type of regulator was installed. Has anyone had this problem?
What year is your car?