CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

passenger seat malfunctioned

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cl 500
passenger seat malfunctioned

I have a 2001 cl500 and I spilt water on the passenger seat causing the system to short circuit and malfunction. I took it to the dealer and they wanted 2000 to fix the F#$!@ing thing. I don't care about fixing the seat, but the driver's display constantly displays right seat locked in bold red letters. This message stays on all of the time and hinders me from viewing any other problems that may occur. Is there anyway I can shut that light off so that it doesn't display all of the time.

Thank you
Old 03-02-2009, 07:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
E90 N54 & W251
Originally Posted by jimhart1788
I have a 2001 cl500 and I spilt water on the passenger seat causing the system to short circuit and malfunction. I took it to the dealer and they wanted 2000 to fix the F#$!@ing thing. I don't care about fixing the seat, but the driver's display constantly displays right seat locked in bold red letters. This message stays on all of the time and hinders me from viewing any other problems that may occur. Is there anyway I can shut that light off so that it doesn't display all of the time.

Thank you
Welcome to the forum.
My guess is either the seat control module or the seat lock position switch. The former is located right where you sit, under the seat. The latter is console side, where the backrest joins to the seat. I have a similar problem with mine as the seat lock alarm is always lit. Haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but I suspect with mine it's the switch and not the module. I do know however that you can't disable the alarm without fixing the problem.

I checked the price on the seat control module when I though that was my issue and it was approx $450 from buymbparts.com (emailed quote), so $2K is parts and a lot of labor. I would get a solid diagnosis first and then replace yourself. Good luck!