CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

02 CL500 Wont start, 3 days later no probs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 04:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CL500 W215
02 CL500 Wont start, 3 days later no probs

I parked my 02 CL500 at a local bar here in LA last Wednesday. When I went to leave the car would not start, the engine would turn over but sounded like it was getting no gas, not even a stutter. I left the car there for 3 days until I had time to get it towed to dealership but when I tried to start it then it started fine with no hesitation. I had a friend follow me home incase it died but drove like a dream, I even floored the sucker and it drove as normal. The only thing was the "Check Engine" light was on but turned off soon as I got home.

Now I have no way of diagnosing the problem as there seems to be none now. Any sugestions on what may have caused this?

The gas filler cap was on tight and had half tank of fuel.

Thanks
Alex Greggs
Old 08-12-2009, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL500
Originally Posted by alexgreggs
I parked my 02 CL500 at a local bar here in LA last Wednesday. When I went to leave the car would not start, the engine would turn over but sounded like it was getting no gas, not even a stutter. I left the car there for 3 days until I had time to get it towed to dealership but when I tried to start it then it started fine with no hesitation. I had a friend follow me home incase it died but drove like a dream, I even floored the sucker and it drove as normal. The only thing was the "Check Engine" light was on but turned off soon as I got home.

Now I have no way of diagnosing the problem as there seems to be none now. Any sugestions on what may have caused this?

Thanks
Alex Greggs
take it to George, he is on 8300 Winnetka 818 709-5400 he is the best and the cheapest he will know whats up
Old 08-13-2009, 01:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W215/X164/W124
Originally Posted by alexgreggs

Thanks
Alex Greggs
crank post