CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

ABC Experience II-Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 08:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
CL500
ABC Experience II-Help

Hello, `I put a new song and I ask all the information possible to try to resolve my doubts.
I am writing from Spain and I apologize for my English.
I have a CL500-2001 and I also have problems with ABC, the car has 105000km and carries the ZAS system for disconnection of cylinders, the lowered suspension after a few days if left standing, when I start my car skips the warning under-go to workshop, well, I give the button to raise the car and the screen disappears, everything goes smoothly, this summer I made some 10000km to Europe with no problems, the car only if it remains stationary low over two days, the fluid level is fine The pump works quietly, just gets out front, I can do, give me that advice, the foreman told me that Mercedes currently do not have to worry about me but what scares me is that the system does not work well while I'm up and I have an accident.
Another thing, I need to change the spark plugs and I have doubts between NGK and Bosch, which should put here in Spain cost about $ 23 piece and do not want problems from a bad spark plug change, if someone can pass a number of references for spark plugs.
Thank you, "Greetings.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 CL500 1992 300SE
I think the car has 'check valves' in the valve blocks that prevent the car from dropping suddenly if you are driving. So hopefully no worries.

The valve block may be ready to need changing if your car is low in the front when parked.....Or.....

If your car is dropping too soon after parking, you may need to just flush the system with new ABC fluid, but be certain the fuid level is filled up fully to the top detent on the dipstick when the car is running first.

Buy the Bosch spark plugs, because I think they came with the car originally.

Good luck.

Last edited by Ifari; 12-21-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
There may be a leak in the system, but it may also need to just be serviced.

The ABC system is one of the more neglected parts of these cars, and another reason that one should really take a look at a car's service history when considering a used car.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
CL500
Novelty
Hello, in first place Happy New Year to all, I want to tell something that happened to me , I forgot to turn off the interior light that is under the mirror and CL500 battery has run out, I want to mention that lately the ABC suspension down from one day to another, without the battery the car did not and stood for a week, in my case the car’s front down only and more in the driver's side because every time I turn on the car a warning appear to me , what I was doing was to push the button to raise the car and I noticed the driver’s raised up first , are supposed valves to lose pressure and therefore lowered the car? without power do not the valves lose pressure ?
Old 01-09-2010, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,069 Likes on 857 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
The pumps are mechanically driven. The valves and the system are electro hydraulic. I don't think the power running down would have any effect on your suspension falling. It's just the inherent problems in your system showing their ugly head.