CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

How do I Remove Rear Headrests

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 05:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'00 RENNtech CL60, '96 850Ci, '92 850i '01 Discovery II
How do I Remove Rear Headrests

I'm about to install a sub setup the CL, and I wanted to do some exploring, and I took out all the rear trunk carpeting, and the back seats, but was unable to figure out how to remove the rear headrests without fear of damaging something. So before I mess anything up I wanted to see if anyone here knew how to gain access to the rear shelf and removing rear headrests, Thanks!
Old 05-03-2010, 04:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
s65
There is a trick to it...as I remember there is a clip which is on both sides. Look down into the mechanism which the metal rods go into... as I remember it was a pain. Also you will want to remove the rear deck so to get the rear shade removed, lay on your back and find the bolts that hold it in... remove all ur trunk liner. Have fun man, I didn't. I did a free air system and needed to build a plate to cover the holes and seal the trunk from the cabin...I used A/B foam and got it everywhere...AVOID THIS unless you are surgery room clean!!!

If you choose to do it free air...It looks sweet and sounds awesome. I used an image dynamics IDMAX 10". You could go with a 12 if you did something similar but ringed the top and dropped the sub...
Another good looking one

Good luck man...no turning back now.

Sorry it got off topic a bit, but I think you need a very small flathead screw driver to push something where the headrest plugs in...look for a small slot. When I get my new(to me) CL in two days delivered to me I will look and figure it out exactly for you... let me know.

Last edited by onelightmind; 05-03-2010 at 04:11 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'00 RENNtech CL60, '96 850Ci, '92 850i '01 Discovery II
Thanks my friend! I really appreciate your response, I will work on this, this weekend. I had a tire blow out on me last night on the highway, and it was a brand new tire which made me really sad considering I just spent $425 a piece for the rears. I have to wait about 3 days before Discount gets another one out from a different state, which is depressing. I'm leaving the CL at home for the next week so I'll have some time to mess around with the setup hopefully this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes my friend! Thanks again!