CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Speaker Setup

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2010 | 01:33 AM

2001 CL500
Speaker Setup

So after buying my 01 CL I noticed that the rear speaker (Center, trunk mounted positioned up into the cabin by the rear windshield) had been taken. Big hole - cut (but usable) wires. I know... go back to the dealer and give em hell... but in the meantime - the system is Bose throughout, and I'm just wondering if someone can give me any guidance as to what "exactly" I should pop in that now open spot. (Totally not a wires and amps familiar guy) Sorry! ;o)

I'm also planning to do some digging on how or where I'd have someone "tap in" to add a standard aux port. I don't mind that the car isn't eligable for the ipod kit (according to MB) but there has to be a way to throw a cord into the back of that sucker, right??

Thanks for ANY and ALL you can offer!

~M
Old 05-25-2010 | 02:00 AM

CLK63 BS
That would be your subwoofer.

for iPod I dunno about tapping into your own aux. I went with one of the fiber optic solutions. Mine is nav-tv brand.
Old 05-25-2010 | 03:21 PM

2001 CL500
Thx FatMike! I definitely notice the missing lows, but wasn't sure if I needed to know exacts on dimentions, amps, power, maker, sizes... I guess i'm just trying to avoid having to ask MB where to get a replacement.

I'm in Boston too - any suggestions?
Old 05-25-2010 | 05:19 PM

CLK63 BS
Oh are you? If you want we can talk off the board and I can help you figure it all out. I know a few good places around here that will help fill your needs and work with whatever budget you want. Send me a PM. I'd love to meet up with a fellow owner as well.