CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

ECU/TCU

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes!
ECU/TCU

Spoke to Oliver today at SpeedtuningUSA. He gave me a great price for a ECU and TCU flash which would increase the horsepower by about 10% and change how the car handles the torque. I was debating between a few companies--Powerchip, Kleeman, etc, but they were charging over 1k and were predicting same results.

Anyway, on a general note, is there anything I should be worried about after having my ECU/TCU flashed? I know that I am re-mapping it, but I don't want to drive the computer nuts and have it overcompensate or start driving strangely (except the "good" strangeness).

Warranty won't be voided b/c my car is at 116k miles. Just curious about long-term effects.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 S500 Sport
Don't kid yourself, go with a reputable company or don't go at all.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
s65
Don't know oliver or his company so can't comment about him. I do like Marcin at SpeedDriven. I love his tunes also. Great prices, Great product, Super Service...no B.S. look him up on the forum and just talk wit the guy.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
i remember a couple of guys in the W209 CLK forum going with this and they sounded pleased. should check out their thread.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Originally Posted by CoupeLeicht600
Spoke to Oliver today at SpeedtuningUSA. He gave me a great price for a ECU and TCU flash which would increase the horsepower by about 10% and change how the car handles the torque. I was debating between a few companies--Powerchip, Kleeman, etc, but they were charging over 1k and were predicting same results.

Anyway, on a general note, is there anything I should be worried about after having my ECU/TCU flashed? I know that I am re-mapping it, but I don't want to drive the computer nuts and have it overcompensate or start driving strangely (except the "good" strangeness).

Warranty won't be voided b/c my car is at 116k miles. Just curious about long-term effects.
We tune these cars and they are very tunable. The changes we make really bring out the sporting character that is hidden behind the factory tuning. If the tuner has done his/her job properly, your car should run fine and there shouldn't be any short or long term issues. Around town drivability should not be affected, but when you step on the gas, a big smile should be firmly planted on your face!

You may want to check our site and testimonials. Let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.veloceperformance.com/testimonial.htm