CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Underfloor Catalytic Converter Warranty Addendum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes!
Underfloor Catalytic Converter Warranty Addendum

Has anyone else got this in their mail? Does this cover all of the cats? I've got like 4 of them and they are acting. Seems like a coincidence, conspiracy, or just planned obsolescence to get the notice and have the cats act badly...
Old 07-14-2010, 09:18 PM

2001 CL600
Got it, but this is ONE thing I havent had problems with.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:21 PM

Yes!
I hear ya. It seems rather odd to me that when my cats started acted strangely, I get this letter in the mail. But then again, I think my car might perform better without the cats especially since there are no emissions requirements here.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:21 AM

SL550, E550, CL500
Don't know about your specific letter, but I do know that the cat warranty was extended as there are known issues with CL cats...and the system uses 4 total. Mine went out and I was a little past the extended warranty. Noise started before, but didn't know it was the cats.

In Calif., you cannot use after market exhaust, it has to be OEM....so you have to buy from the dealership..AND they only carry rebuilt. Funny thing, they give only a one year warranty, while after market gives 3 year. Actually thought about driving to Arizona to get after markets installed as they cost about half the Calif. rebuilt price. You gotta love the idiots in air resources in Calif. (well, actually, all of our politicians are either crooks or idiots).

Called Mercedes about just being out of warranty. They got back to me fairly quickly. Gave me the sorry...no go, you are out of luck. ALSO told me that the warranty on the cats ONLY provided coverage if the car failed smog tests....they didn't care about noise. WOW...now that inspires customer loyalty.