CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Mercedes - Chrysler service contract **WATCH OUT **

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL65 AMG
Mercedes - Chrysler service contract **WATCH OUT **

Well if you have followed this in the forum, you are aware I applied for, and received notification a month ago (7/15) that I purchased ($5k) and was approved for a "Chrysler Premium Mercedes Benz Care" service contract from Chrysler. (Sudbay Chrysler -- Michael Noyes sold the policy)

However for a month, Chrysler was unresponsive in providing the actual contract, forwarding a number of excuses, and said "rely on the sales brochure, you have a contract". Well, the contract arrived today (8/13).

Watch out!

I received a "5/70 Pre Owned Maximum Care" contract. (no MBZ mentioned, but a lot about Chrysler products)

Much different terms:

requires returning to the issuing dealer (east coast) - I live in CA...
OR
take it to any Chrysler dealer (imagine some Chrysler yo-yo working on your ABC, pulling off interior trim or working on the AMG twin turbo V12...)
OR
try to get Chrysler to approve, on a case by case basis, repairs at a MBZ dealer.

Chrysler's response. "well you can call and request approval, but there will be a delay, many customers are happy with Chrysler repairs" -- hmmm, what about the others?

- can use "refurbished parts"
- state an local taxes not covered (ouch, another 8%)
- normal wear not covered (hmmm, ABC struts, turbos "wear out")
- remote transmitters never covered (fobs, garage door)
- towing reimbursement only to a Chrysler dealer
- all the "frills" notably absent - roadside assistance, trip interruption, free transfer, lock out service, jump start, flat tire change, out-of-gas delivery etc. (in the sales literature, not in the contract).

Well, buyer beware! I am waiting for a call from the service contract head, Amber ...

more to follow.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
cl600
i was told that i didn't have to go to a chrysler dealer by my rep. and the customer service. i went to m.b. 2 months after i purchased the contract and had abc work done, along with some suspension parts and two tire presure monitors. cost $5500. my cost $250 deductible plus clean up fee. total $300. i'm happy!!!!!
you had better do some checking. biggest problem was it took them 2 days to pay after the work was done, but they paid for a rental car for 5 days.
good luck.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:16 PM

Mercedes
where can I find out more about these warrent company...
Old 09-01-2010, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
cl600
check the internet for warranties, or chrysler warranties. i believe there are some posts with recomendations on who to call.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:29 PM

Formerly W215 CL600
yea even the dealerships have issues with various repairs on the CL600. The V12 isnt even totally clear in their system. I can only imagine in a non MB system. Sounds like a nightmare.

I have had, what I would consider, simple repairs done on my 600 and it took upwards to 2 weeks. The person needs to know the engine and the car