CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

2006 CL500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350
2006 CL500

I just got a CL500 from an auction with 51,500 miles on it. I paid MB dealer for an inspection and vehicle checks out. Looking into extended/afermarket warranty. For a 2006, is the warranty needed/advised? Any warranty company recommendations? New to the MB world and love the vehicle.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
GL450
Warranties are, statistically, a bad investment. Companies don't write warranties for fun, they write them because they know on average you will pay more for the warranty than they will pay for repairs.

With that said, everyone on this board will tell you to get a warranty. Stuff can break on these cars (particularly the ABC suspension, so make sure if you get a warranty, it covers that) and stuff on these cars is expensive.

If you can get a decent quote, it may be worth getting the warranty. Otherwise, make sure you have enough saved to repair the car if something breaks.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG, CL65 AMG, S8, S6, E30 M3, Z3MC
Originally Posted by saintz
Warranties are, statistically, a bad investment. Companies don't write warranties for fun, they write them because they know on average you will pay more for the warranty than they will pay for repairs.

With that said, everyone on this board will tell you to get a warranty. Stuff can break on these cars (particularly the ABC suspension, so make sure if you get a warranty, it covers that) and stuff on these cars is expensive.

If you can get a decent quote, it may be worth getting the warranty. Otherwise, make sure you have enough saved to repair the car if something breaks.
This is some great advise here. When I bought my CL600, I was shopping around for a good warranty. One of the companys that I checked on wanted almost $20K for a bumper to bumper warranty