CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

New to Mercedes, another ABC Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to Mercedes, another ABC Question

Just accuired my 2001 Cl500 sport and the car is super nice, on my way back from picking it up I noticed the ABC Drive Carefully light lit, then turned off.

1. It looks like the pump/all hoses and clamps are brand new. (Someone has definitely been there)

2.There was some fluid on top of the tank (like it was seeping from under the lid,did not look fresh/wet), and tank seems low on fluid.

3. The rear of the car is raised up high, and it does not respond to the raise/lower control's.

4. ABC Drive Carefully has not came on since I have been back home.

5. When car is started it seems like the rear lowers then raises, no sagging after being parked. (I think the front does the same)

What could I be dealing with here? Should I start with replacing fluid/filters and then move on to the valve block?
Old 04-10-2011, 08:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 CL500 1992 300SE
Welcome and congrats on getting into one of MBZ's best cars.

First top up your ABC fluid reservoir. It should read closer to the upper detent with the engine on.

Second, make sure the car is stopped and in Park or Neutral, before ever raising the suspension by pushing the Up/Down button.

After topping up the fluid, raise and lower the suspension a few times to circulate the fluid thru-out the system.

Double check the fluid level and top off, if needed. Then test drive for about 20 minutes and check the fluid level once again and raise and lower the suspension also.

Hopefully the message won't reappear, the car will ride as it is supposed to and you'll not need any new parts.

Best wishes.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 E320 cabrio
Welcome to the club and please post pics of the new gem