CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Lost soft close and locking on drivers door?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 05:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost soft close and locking on drivers door?

Hi,

Yesterday I parked the car with the drivers windows half way down, and left it for 4-5 hours....

On my return, the soft-close and locking has failed to operate.

The passenger side is fine, as is the boot.

Never heard a pop.

Have pulled the 20AMP fure behind the drivers seat in an attempt to clear it.... it didnt.

The pump is running in the boot when closing the drivers door, runs for about 15 secs... and times out. I'm guessing I have a leak somewhere.

However, I'm aware that the lock and the softclose use two seperate pumps, so how has both been affected at the same time?

Will take it to the garage tomorrow, but would appreciate any advice/experience of others.

Thank you,

Mike F
2000 CL500
Old 04-26-2011, 03:58 AM

Has anyone got any ideas about this at all? Well over 300 views on this post, and no replies yet.

Have spoken to the garage, and they can't look at this for another week.

Thanks for any assistance...
Old 04-26-2011, 04:42 AM

Mercedes CL500 '02
Maybe the air line has become disconnected somewhere? You normally hear a leak, but if it's disconnected, the pump just pumps away......
Mine locks perfectly, but the soft-close doesn't work. If I pull the fuse, then it takes about 10 seconds to "suck" the drivers door in, and it only does it about 3-4 times, then it fails again. I just left it that way, don't want to put too much strain on the pump.

But if both things fail, I suggest checking the air line first, starting with the rubber boot where the cables go into the door......
Old 04-27-2011, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
GL450
Did it rain when you had the window down? Try pulling the battery in the trunk for a few seconds and then resync all the windows and everything.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:15 AM

Thanks, the problem was indeed a disconnected pipe... all working fine again now! Thats the first problem I've had on this car that hasn't run into four figures!
Old 05-13-2011, 11:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CL600, VW W8, Dodge 2500 Cummins
Disconnected pipe

Which pipe was found disconnected? I have same problem. Replaced the 20 amp in passenger rear (was blown). Now windows don't crack with door open/close. PSE is pumping but no soft close and no door locks.

My experience with vehicle engineering is that when one has a problem, many have it. Modern production, training, systems, etc.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:30 AM

Mercedes CL500 '02
Originally Posted by Merzman
Which pipe was found disconnected? I have same problem. Replaced the 20 amp in passenger rear (was blown). Now windows don't crack with door open/close. PSE is pumping but no soft close and no door locks.
Did you try resetting all windows (new sync?) start with a particular window, roll it down, after it stops, hold the button for another 10 seconds (but not the auto push, just the first "step" of the button), and then close it, hold for 10 seconds. (try that with the door closed AND with the door opened, I can't remember how it worked for me....)

Have a nice day
Vlad
Old 05-13-2011, 07:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CL600, VW W8, Dodge 2500 Cummins
Fixed window rollup

Thanks Vlady- That fixed the issue with the rear window not going back into position. Door locks will not lock. Vacuum pump is working and shuts off. Another issue I am having is finding all the fuses that are in the amp and cd player loop. Replaced them due to water damage, but no power to them yet, as I expect fuses are blown. T