CL600 to the BENTLEY GT CONTINENTAL!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2003, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 Lorinser Edition CL600 (SOLD)
CL600 to the BENTLEY GT CONTINENTAL!!!

A no-brainer?:

A dealer I'm working with has given me the option to get me out of the lease on my 01 CL600 (at fair market value) and put me into a new lease for the upcoming Bentley GT coupe (now available March 03) without any early termination lease penalty and no markup over the purported $150K MSRP for the Bentley even though I'm not on any waiting list nor have a deposit on it. In addition, there is a good chance the GT will be selling for up to a $50K premium over sticker for those who want to the the first to drive it.

So, does that sound like a good deal or what???
Old 05-21-2003, 11:12 AM

I saw the Continental GT at a Bentley dealer presentation this morning and I think this sounds a good deal. The Bentley looks stunning and if they can approach Mercedes build quality they will have a winner. There appears to be slightly less leg room for rear seat passengers in the Bentley.

There were several CL55 AMG and CL600 owners at this presentation and they made the decision to change.

My SL55 suits me fine as I dont need 4 seats and want open top motoring but if Bentley decide to make a cabriolet Continental GT (which is rumoured) I would have a difficult decision to make.
Old 05-21-2003, 06:42 PM

2001 Lorinser Edition CL600 (SOLD)
The only part of the transaction that bothers me is that the dealer will only be offering me wholesale book for the CL when it comes time to convert to the Bentley.
Old 05-22-2003, 07:14 AM

Originally posted by CLFREAK
The only part of the transaction that bothers me is that the dealer will only be offering me wholesale book for the CL when it comes time to convert to the Bentley.
Yes but it looks like you wont be paying over book for the Bentley and wont be on a waiting list either.