CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Intermittent Front Turn Signal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 10:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CL600, VW W8, Dodge 2500 Cummins
Intermittent Front Turn Signal

I'm getting an intermittent front passenger side turn signal. Rear works fine. Bulb looks good as do the connections from the harness to the bulb. Computer says its bulb. Anyone know where the wire come out of the harness at the other end to check continuity? Thanks!
Old 05-31-2011, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL600 (W215)
I have been troubleshooting a similar problem. My wrench says its a problem with the headlight assembly and we are attempting to bypass so that the computer gets the correct resistance so the warning message does not keep comming up. I have a similar problem with the driver side mirror signal, haven't got that one figured out yet.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:35 PM

1993 190E 2.3 S/E, 1996 E320, 1999 C43
I too have a similar problem that is driving me bananas!

I hava a 2002 Cl55 and as the weather started to warm up I would get a "lamp out" warning indicating the left front turn signal. I checked and all bulbs were in working order.
I proceeded to change the left front & left rear turn sigmal bulbs anyway and still have the same issue.
The problem would sometimes go away, but now that its in the 80's in NYC its always present.

Lastly, I noticed today that my LED signal on my driver's mirror doesn't work anymore. Any help or fix would be greatly appreciated
Old 06-03-2011, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by SchwarzerGeist
I have been troubleshooting a similar problem. My wrench says its a problem with the headlight assembly and we are attempting to bypass so that the computer gets the correct resistance so the warning message does not keep coming up. I have a similar problem with the driver side mirror signal, haven't got that one figured out yet.
I can't see that it would be the headlight assy. The turn light has its own fixture and ground. I checked the hot into the turn signal fixture and there is no current, so the issue is somewhere up the wire. There has to be a relay somewhere that flashes the lights, and my guess is that it has a loose connection there, since the other lights work.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:08 PM

This poseted elsewhere for simlar problem
"I talked to a MB mechanic today about this problem and he said he would bet it's a bad hazard switch (the actual red triangular switch in the dash), as it's a common fault in MBs and he replaces 100s of them each year. -Rob"
Old 08-11-2011, 12:30 AM

1993 190E 2.3 S/E, 1996 E320, 1999 C43
Originally Posted by blue e
I too have a similar problem that is driving me bananas!

I hava a 2002 Cl55 and as the weather started to warm up I would get a "lamp out" warning indicating the left front turn signal. I checked and all bulbs were in working order.
I proceeded to change the left front & left rear turn sigmal bulbs anyway and still have the same issue.
The problem would sometimes go away, but now that its in the 80's in NYC its always present.

Lastly, I noticed today that my LED signal on my driver's mirror doesn't work anymore. Any help or fix would be greatly appreciated
UPDATE:

I replaced the turn signal indicator located in the mirror housing. Problem solved!