CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

CL600 ABC sensors??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cl 600
Exclamation CL600 ABC sensors??

Ok, I have a 02 CL600, sporadically while driving the car with lower, and rise on any strut at any time without notice. This seems dangerous to me, hmmm92 miles per hour, car starts doing it own rodeo. So, I called mercedes a few times, finally I found a recall on the accelerator sensors that tell the cars what to do with the abc while driving. This recall explains everything. So, they say this recall is VIN specific, and ofcourse, my car isn't included. (even though, it is the 02 cl600, amoung other models that have this recall) they say, maybe it is something else? Wondering if anyone else has the same problem. They tell me to take it to the dealer, and they will decide if MB with cover the repairs or not. So, how do I convince the dealer service manager to cover it through the recall? Or, what else could it be?
Old 06-13-2011, 09:38 PM

cl 600
Is anyone out there that has any input for me??Please reply
Old 06-14-2011, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
GL450
Does the car sink when parked?

A few possible problems. You could be loosing pressure in the system (bad ABC pump, would most likely cause all corners to drop). You could be loosing pressure in the strut (strut leak, would cause just that strut to drop, or bad valve block, would cause whole left or right side to drop depending on which block). Bad ride height sensor would I would think only cause one corner to drop (there should be a sensor at each corner). It's also possible the programming is wrong, which could be indicative if someone tried to lower the car incorrectly through STAR. It does use an acceleration feed to raise and lower the whole car depending on speed, but that should only be a small adjustment in ride height.

It's hard to tell, but this might give you a better idea of how to examine the symptoms. You can also pull the codes with a reader (Autozone and similar stores can do this free, but it may not return the Mercedes specific codes you need). An independent Mercedes shop can pull the codes for you to see if that gives a hint.

Is the car lowered?
Old 06-14-2011, 12:25 PM

cl 600
hi, well, it kinda does a rodeo when driving down the road sometimes. You never really know when it is going to happen, it just does it. There aren't any indicator lights on, no ABC red lights, or none of that. It is like the car is trying to level itself. The car stays are normal height when parked. It seems to happen mostly at red lights, or just after a red light. Sometimes, just out of the blue. Could the programming change after the battery was unhooked for the winter?? I know the ESP ect... had to be reset after that. What do you think? Also, the hydrolic fluid smells burnt, not sure it that is normal? Any thoughts?