CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

abc problem already

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 CL 55
abc problem already

Hi I just bought a 03 cl 55 only had it for a month and the other day my visit abc workshop light came on but it hasnt come on since. A couple of times i noticed that when I first start the car up it lowers or rasies when I am inside. I get out to check the height of the car and it looks the same as it always did. I have a bumper to bumper warrenty but doesnt know if it covers the abc. I asked the stealership if they warrenty doesnt cover it what are they gonna do for me and they told me they cant help me even thought the car isnt even a month old. Does this fall under the lemon law? I paid 32k for the car and warrenty and im not gonna put a dime into the car after 3 and a half weeks of ownership. Im calling the warrenty company Monday to see if im covered. The stealership said they should cover it because they told me the warrenty covers everything except ware n tear. Anybody know what I can do about this?
Old 07-17-2011, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by Cincere22
Hi I just bought a 03 cl 55 only had it for a month and the other day my visit abc workshop light came on but it hasnt come on since. A couple of times i noticed that when I first start the car up it lowers or rasies when I am inside. I get out to check the height of the car and it looks the same as it always did. I have a bumper to bumper warrenty but doesnt know if it covers the abc. I asked the stealership if they warrenty doesnt cover it what are they gonna do for me and they told me they cant help me even thought the car isnt even a month old. Does this fall under the lemon law? I paid 32k for the car and warrenty and im not gonna put a dime into the car after 3 and a half weeks of ownership. Im calling the warrenty company Monday to see if im covered. The stealership said they should cover it because they told me the warrenty covers everything except ware n tear. Anybody know what I can do about this?
READ the warranty.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
GL450
You bought the car from the dealership? Does the dealer offer a 30 or 60 day warranty? Most used car dealers offer something similar. I would think the dealer would as well. Did the dealer also sell you the warranty?

It sounds like a valve block is probably leaking slightly. Did you leave the car sitting for a day or two when the warning came on? Check the ABC fluid reservoir (near driver's headlight) to see if it is low. That will generally tell you if the valve block is leaking (fluid will still be full) or a strut is leaking (fluid should be low).

Also what/where did you buy? $32k for an '03 CL55, it should be absolutely spotless and the warranty should be several years, all inclusive, no deductible.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Thank you. I need to chill.

I hope the new owner follows your good advice and gets the issue resolved.

Originally Posted by saintz
You bought the car from the dealership? Does the dealer offer a 30 or 60 day warranty? Most used car dealers offer something similar. I would think the dealer would as well. Did the dealer also sell you the warranty?

It sounds like a valve block is probably leaking slightly. Did you leave the car sitting for a day or two when the warning came on? Check the ABC fluid reservoir (near driver's headlight) to see if it is low. That will generally tell you if the valve block is leaking (fluid will still be full) or a strut is leaking (fluid should be low).

Also what/where did you buy? $32k for an '03 CL55, it should be absolutely spotless and the warranty should be several years, all inclusive, no deductible.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
'16 S550 Coupe, '11 Lexus LS460, '02 CL500 (SOLD)
Lemon Law only applies to new cars. Good luck.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:38 AM

03 CL 55
The car is spotless and has only 50k miles on it. The dealership only offered a 30day powertrain warrenty. I bought the car from a chevy dealership thats why they dont wanna fix the problem cause they dont know how to work on mb. I have a fidelity warrenty and it only covers front suspension. Dont wanna dump another couple of grand into the car but i know if i drive it like this it will only get worse. Can my lawyer go after the dealership I only had the car for a month.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
cl600
who told you the car had a bumper to bumper warranty? i'd go after them first. if it's the dealer i'd raise all kinds of heck and publicize this as much as possible, better business, bureau, state attorney general, car clubs, consumer advocates, news media, etc. what ever you can do and let them know that your are going to do this. it might be less trouble for them to address the problem than address all the negative feedback.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
GL450
It only covers front suspension? I thought the Fidelity warranty was generally pretty good.

First thing would be to determine what is actually wrong. Then who is gong to pay to fix it. If the dealer has a 30 day warranty and you're over 30 days (even by one day) then they're clear on that (not to mention if their warranty only covers the powertrain).
Old 07-18-2011, 04:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 300te
that's why you shouldn't own a cl if you don't have the money to do abc repair in the bank, i found the warranties companies are useless, and the repair bills from insurance companies are over inflated, i do flush my system every year on the 600 and the 500, never have a problem, this benz would drop over time if park for long time not mather what.
You get a 150k car for 30k, but you will get the 150k car repair bills.
MY 0.02 cents
Old 07-18-2011, 06:27 PM

S550 sport, CL550 sport, CL63 Designo
Originally Posted by alex-300te
that's why you shouldn't own a cl if you don't have the money to do abc repair in the bank, i found the warranties companies are useless, and the repair bills from insurance companies are over inflated, i do flush my system every year on the 600 and the 500, never have a problem, this benz would drop over time if park for long time not mather what.
MY 0.02 cents
My thoughts exactly!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:50 PM

03 CL 55
Its not the fact that I cant afford the repair, its the fact that I shouldnt have to repair a car that I just bought 3 weeks ago.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:58 PM

2004 CL55
All of this is a great lesson that more future owners need to understand before they buy an 8 year old car
Old 07-20-2011, 07:48 PM

03 CL 55
Ok so I took the car to the benz dealership today to have it looked at. Turns out there is no abc problem at all. They said the car had been in accident in the front and it was causing the check abc light to come on. The car fax said that the car had never been in a accident and so did the chevy dealership I bought the car from. So anyway it turns out my transmission fluid and my break fluid needed to be flush and my wheels and my oil needed to be changed. Its funny how the chevy dealership told me that they fully serviced my car before they gave it to me. I asked them atleast 3 times if they changed the oil and they said yes. They strait lied to my face. I love how these dealership work. Guess whos getting the bill.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,067 Likes on 856 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Get your money back and run away.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 300te
Why u don't got the car check before buying it?
I would check any cl no mather from were I'm buying it, I just got
My 500 from and independent dealer ( wholesaler) and I have the car
Checked at the mb dealer, they found some things that I use to negociate the
Price.
Cl's have more electronics that a nasa shuttle always check the car
And be ready to dish big mula out, if you have the money just fixed rigth
It would give you lots of big smilles. If they found car was in a crash a. Pre buying inspection
Would have told you that. Hope you get the car fixed soon
Old 09-16-2011, 04:21 PM

BMW M5
+1 +1

Originally Posted by alex-300te
MY 0.02 cents