CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Help Trunk Wont Open

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 CL55
Help Trunk Wont Open

2004 CL55 and today, all of the sudden, I cant open the trunk. I tried the inside switch, the remote, the push lock on the deck lid, and even the emergency key thing and nothing. Its locked down. The trunk is not in valet (locked) but still wont open. I do not hear any hissing sounds like others reported and my soft close doors work fine. Everything works fine except the trunk wont open.

I do recall the cargo net getting caught once but it released and opened enough to unsnag it. That was a while ago and i am not sure this is even the same problem.

How can I get in the trunk? Is there a way to go in from the back seat on the CLs'? Any suggestions appreciated. Luckily, I dont have anything urgent in the trunk (groceries etc) but this is driving me crazy.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:44 PM

04 CL55
happy to report I got the trunk open using the manual key. for the record, if you turn to the right that puts it in lock mode/valet as described in manual. However, to unlock it you turn left, I had to use pliers to get it to turn and was afraid the key was going to snap when... voila, it opened up with the power lift as normal.

I now noticed a hissing sound from the upper deck lid. The sound is coming from a black puck part that seems to have come apart/loose. I pushed it back together and the hissing is now barely audible but it still hisses.

I am researching this now. If you know about this thingy please advise.

Thanks.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:57 PM

04 CL55
very helpful...

http://m.www.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=355467
Old 09-30-2011, 05:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 CL500
Wigg......I think my problem started when my cargo net got caught in the latch also! Maybe this has something to do with it???