Cl500 missing, ABC msg.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 02:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
500 SL
Cl500 missing, ABC msg.

Hello Everyone,

Need some help with couple of ongoing issues with my 2003 Cl500.

1 - My engine jerks at low rpm as i strat moving , as if it is goin to die, seems like starvation of fuel.

- replaced fuel filter, cleaned mass airflow sensor , but Nil help.

2 - After owning the car for the past 5 months, i have started to get the RED ABC , drive carefully msg. Once i restart the car , it goes away, but there is difinetly something wrong.

When i start the car , i feel a HOWLING NOISE at the driver side, last for between 3 to 5 sec and goes away.
Reading the forums it seems like the PULSATION DAMPNER, i havent checked it physically. Could anyone guide me how to confirm if it is the Pulsation Dampner.

Plus When i hit the button to raise the height of my car, It rises at avery slow rate, compared to my freinds CL 500, it takes approx 4 to 5 sec to get to the first high setting, and an additional 4 to 5 sec toget to the 2nd high setting.

3 - This has happened Couple of times, If i accelerate hard from stand-still, pressing the accelerator down all the way, inturn pressing the button located behind the accelerator.

The car picks up with full acceleration, and then suddenly after like 2 sec powercuts off, similar to the limp mode. even if i press the accelerator, the rpm rises very slowly, speed rises extremely slow. To correct this i have to restart the car and the car is back to normal. PLUS - i have no msg diplayed on the instrument cluster .

4 - SRS light continously lit on on the left side of the cluster, I know i might have to go through STAR diagnostics, but any tips of what might be wrong.

5 - Navigation - my car is a US spec, I live in the middle east ,GCC, UAE. i received my car without the nav CD, in the trunk i jus have the cd-changer on the left side. And the NAV-CD goes in the front above the screen in the command unit.

i have consulted the Mercedes Dealers in UAE- United Arab Emirates, And they say its not-possible to work the GCC navigation. They say the command is REGION Specific, and the only way to get it working is by changing the Command to GCC version.
Is there a possibility of Getting the Navigation to work with the same command.

Any help appreciated

Regards,
Omar
Old 12-14-2012, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
cl600
you need to get the codes
Old 12-14-2012, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Comments in blue below:

Originally Posted by MB 500SL
Hello Everyone,

Need some help with couple of ongoing issues with my 2003 Cl500.

1 - My engine jerks at low rpm as i strat moving , as if it is goin to die, seems like starvation of fuel.

- replaced fuel filter, cleaned mass airflow sensor , but Nil help.

2 - After owning the car for the past 5 months, i have started to get the RED ABC , drive carefully msg. Once i restart the car , it goes away, but there is difinetly something wrong.

When i start the car , i feel a HOWLING NOISE at the driver side, last for between 3 to 5 sec and goes away.
Reading the forums it seems like the PULSATION DAMPNER, i havent checked it physically. Could anyone guide me how to confirm if it is the Pulsation Dampner.

Could be the dampener or the air pump which runs at start up.

Plus When i hit the button to raise the height of my car, It rises at avery slow rate, compared to my freinds CL 500, it takes approx 4 to 5 sec to get to the first high setting, and an additional 4 to 5 sec toget to the 2nd high setting.

Get ready to spend some $$$$... You need to have the codes read to sww what is going on with ABC. My guess is the pump is starting to die causing low pressure.

3 - This has happened Couple of times, If i accelerate hard from stand-still, pressing the accelerator down all the way, inturn pressing the button located behind the accelerator.

The car picks up with full acceleration, and then suddenly after like 2 sec powercuts off, similar to the limp mode. even if i press the accelerator, the rpm rises very slowly, speed rises extremely slow. To correct this i have to restart the car and the car is back to normal. PLUS - i have no msg diplayed on the instrument cluster .

Sounds like you need a new pedal which includes the TPS sensor. When this starts fialing it unusually throws a code which lights the check engine light, but not always.

4 - SRS light continously lit on on the left side of the cluster, I know i might have to go through STAR diagnostics, but any tips of what might be wrong.

5 - Navigation - my car is a US spec, I live in the middle east ,GCC, UAE. i received my car without the nav CD, in the trunk i jus have the cd-changer on the left side. And the NAV-CD goes in the front above the screen in the command unit.

i have consulted the Mercedes Dealers in UAE- United Arab Emirates, And they say its not-possible to work the GCC navigation. They say the command is REGION Specific, and the only way to get it working is by changing the Command to GCC version.
Is there a possibility of Getting the Navigation to work with the same command.

Any help appreciated

Regards,
Omar
Old 12-15-2012, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
500 SL
Thanx for prompt response,

Guess would go ahead, get all the codes read out and come back to you guyz.

regards