CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Any recommendations on a warranty company?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 04:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 Chevy Astro Van
Any recommendations on a warranty company?

I'm currently looking for an 03-05 (or newer if it fits in my budget) CL55 or 600 and would be also likely looking for a warranty as well. I've owned several older MB's in the past and definitely know the story behind buying a "cheap" used MB-never cheap in the long run! I'm looking for anyone's experience with any of the companies offering warranties for a used MB and I know the whole part about making sure that it doesn't exclude the ABC system. So, I'm wondering who's bought a warranty from what company, what it cost, etc. and especially wondering if anyone's made a claim on their warranty and how the warranty company handled that? I know there's a lot of horror stories out there about buying a 3rd party warranty for any used car, either with the warranty co. refusing to honor big claims they said would be covered or with the whole company just going out of business, etc.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CL 500
Originally Posted by Greenleaf
? I know there's a lot of horror stories out there about buying a 3rd party warranty for any used car, either with the warranty co. refusing to honor big claims they said would be covered or with the whole company just going out of business, etc.
From what I gathered, companies without the above issues. Will NOT cover the ABC system.If they say they will cover it? Good chance you will never get your money when it happens. Making the warranty worthless IMO.

Last edited by MiguelsC2CL; 06-13-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:49 AM

2004 cl600 mec exhaust ready for more
http://www.lasallewarranty.com/
Old 06-13-2013, 04:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CL 500
Be VERY wary of aftermarket warranty companies. Do plenty of searches and make sure they are reputable.

For starters their website should look VERY professional.At least comparible to other well established companies in the field.

Last edited by MiguelsC2CL; 06-13-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:24 PM

01 Chevy Astro Van
I'm just going off of having read different posts on here on other MB forums about warranties that DO cover the ABC system, although I have to admit I'm quite skeptical as well, just because they're obviously in business to make a profit as well, (these aren't "charity" warranties!) nothing wrong with wanting to make a profit and I'm wondering how you'd reliably make a profit on offering warranties for the W215's and covering the ABC system, without charging a HUGE entry price to begin with? I'm hoping someone will chime in wit some details here, like what they paid, what the deductibles are, have you had to ever file a claim and how did that go-did they pay up or try to disqualify the repair somehow? etc, etc. Maybe no one here does actually have a warranty, who knows? I've just heard them mentioned enough that I figured someone would have something to offer.

@Thomsti01-can you give any more details, besides the link? Do you have a warranty from them? Any other details to add? I'm just slightly skeptical of your post because it lists that as your only post, so I don't know if you're a real member that's just been reading and not posting till now or if you're working for that warranty company??!!!

Last edited by Greenleaf; 06-15-2013 at 04:30 PM.