Help Me Diagnose ABC Problem 1526(16)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CL500
Help Me Diagnose ABC Problem 1526(16)

History:

I have a 2000 CL500 The original problem I had with suspension was a bad pump and accumulator/damper on pressure supply valve. I replaced pump with rebuilt one, I really took every precaution to make sure pump was filled, and never ran dry, I poured ch11s in pump before install, hand turned a few times, capped pump back off, installed pump, pressurized abc reservoir to 15 psi/1 bar with home made pressurizer(lol), bled power steering side by filling and turning steering wheel lock to lock about 60 times.. started car with abc pressurized, and after about 10 -20 seconds red abc warning was gone, and car raised up. I bled all four corners at the bleeder screws, and then did the first rodeo with my c4/das clone. all went well. I then proceeded to drain abc fluid by attaching a hose to the return hose and draining into a bucket while doing a second rodeo while a friend continuously poured chf11s into the reservoir. all went well. I replaced abc reservoir filter, rodeo'ed again, and replaced filter one more time. At this point I tried replacing accumulator/damper on supply valve and could not get it to budge. Took it to a friends shop who had a lift and he had to fight with it for about an hour to get it off, ended up having to remove whole valve, grind the sides of a 24mm wrench to fit between accumulator and valve, cut the bottom of a wrench to allow a pipe to fit over it, put valve in vice to break loose.. and I hear everybody saying for them it was a 5 min job.. we assembled valve and accumulator reinstalled in car, and then I changed the aircell in the rear by the spare tire well(car was bouncy in back). we topped off system with chf11s and bled all four corners again, and rodeo'd once.

Problem:
Car rode great for a few hours, then I get the white message abc Visit workshop, So I stopped and checked system I get error code 1526(16) pressure supply, So I ran a few test, pressure sits steady between 190 - 194 bar, rodeo does fully complete when ran, ran I believe a 15 minute test in das on pressure and the graph never shows it dropping below 188 bar. So I dont think the new pump is the issue or damaged. I'm leaning towards another bad air cell/accumulator maybe the one for the return by the rear valve block or maybe the front by valve block. The message always pops up within 5 mins of starting to drive, but I believe only after hitting a few bumps in the road. I have thoroughly cleaned engine and all hoses and connections I could find with degreaser and power wash to identify any leaks and so far after a few says level in reservoir hasnt decreased and no noticeably signs on leaks, and abc functions still function as they should raising and lowering.

Anybody have any suggestions for me to try? I forgot to mention that my original problem was the reb abc light, and that the vehicle had dropped low afyer me playing with das trying to learn it, and figure out problem, vehicle was raised a little until I opened the valve.. lol
Old 07-17-2013, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CL500
Is there anybody out there that can help me figure this out?