CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Rear window module/Driver switch pack question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 10:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
07 RClass ,01 CL500
Rear window module/Driver switch pack question

I have slowly one by one fixing all my problems with my Cl500.With the help of this site and the mechanic shop next door i have been able to save and fix alot on my own.

The next thing I have been working on is my rear windows and passenger door switch are not working. My front 2 windows work fine, but my pass side does not completely roll up few mm. I have tried pressing the door switch automatically like the drivers and get nothing. I have even replaced it with another and still not fully sealing. The rear windows do not work at all by either front or rear switches. I hear nothing upon pressing, no motor noise etc. I am leaning towards rear window module or Sam maybe? I dont think it would be the switches since all functions are operable other than the rear switches on driver panel. Also is the rear control module plug and play or will it need to be done with Star? THANKS
Old 10-11-2013, 08:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
07 RClass ,01 CL500
Ok I did a little digging today and on my driver door and carefully cut the black cover to see if I had any broken wire. Upon opening I see a few broken wires in the 2 black bundle insulations. I reconnected and soldered the wires back in each loom. The good thing is i got my driver door speaker working now. Bad is still rear windows wont roll down.

I also saw a brown wire that was not in the loom and was rigged with wire cap. When I checked, it seem to power the front 2 windows and traced the wire to the lumbar switches and into the dash. I am guessing this is where the power to the front windows comes from. The confusing thing was it wasnt even in the insulation and this was the first time insulation was cut, Is this normal from factory or was it tampered with before ? I may try doing the same tommorrow on the pass side and see if I find any. I cant believe how hard the wires are used in these door.

Last edited by Ghost25; 10-11-2013 at 08:46 PM.