CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

DVD Player on 2004 CL500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question DVD Player on 2004 CL500

I just purchased a 2004 CL500 which has a DVD/CD player that will play DVDs, but only the audio portion. A message on the COMAND screen says that the video portion has been disabled so as not to distract the driver. I looked at the manual, and it has the same information statement, but also dicusses how to adjust the DVD video image, zoom, angle, etc. I thought it was odd for the manual to discuss adjusting the video image if you weren't suppose to be able to see it in the first place for safety reasons.

I would like to watch DVDs while parked in the car.

Does anyone know if there is a special code that I can enter into the COMAND (or any other method) that will enable the video portion of the DVD to function?

Thanks...
Old 01-03-2004, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there must be something wrong with it, b/c there is no point of having a dvd if u cant watch it. unless u can watch it when its parked and like u said u cant. call mbusa and ask them. the lexus do the same thing but it works if your parked, and iam sure you can make it work while driving you just have to find someone that can do it.