CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

HEADLIGHT ISSUE PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 02:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
MB cl500, Jaguar XJR, SL500, Titan (lifted)
HEADLIGHT ISSUE PLEASE HELP

Have a 2002 CL500 that i had to replace the front headlights on that I tested and they worked.
Front turns signals do not work in either headlight
Drivers side low-beam does not work but it does on passenger side.
Drivers side High-beam (or day time running) works but not on passenger side.

Checked all the fuses under the hood as well as changed out the passenger side SAM from the donor car and still no go.

Anyone has issues like this? Could it be a ground? I found a ground wife that is not attached to anything under the passenger side window washer res. Under the actual metal. (the bolt is pointing towards the floor of the shop. Any idea where that does? Also the horn does not work Could be a related issue.
Thanks

Donor was also a 2002 Cl500
Old 01-18-2015, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 484 Likes on 428 Posts
Mercedes
Why are you taking them off a donor car and putting them in the car, because of a wreck ?? Other components may be damaged in the wreck if they worked fine in the donor car

Simplest solution is to use an aftermarket hid kit in them to bypass whatever electronic errors your car had
Old 01-18-2015, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by tusabes
Why are you taking them off a donor car and putting them in the car, because of a wreck ?? Other components may be damaged in the wreck if they worked fine in the donor car

Simplest solution is to use an aftermarket hid kit in them to bypass whatever electronic errors your car had
Thank you but that would not solve the problem of the low beam not working or the turn signals. Yes I have 2 CL500s one i am parting out and used the front end on my other one that had an accident. I think its a electric issue. the HID works so replacing it with a aftermarket unit is pointless. Whatever sends the power to the headlights has to be faulty. Don't you think?
Old 01-19-2015, 01:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 484 Likes on 428 Posts
Mercedes
It most certainly is an electrical issue with the car you are putting them on , if they worked fine in the donor car

It's impossible for anyone here to guess what may have been damaged in the wreck

An aftermarket bi xenon hid kit would indeed bypass the factory wiring and eliminate the headlight issues. It will not correct the turn signals but you have mirror signals and rear signals which is sufficient front and rear markings in most states
Old 01-19-2015, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by tusabes
It most certainly is an electrical issue with the car you are putting them on , if they worked fine in the donor car

It's impossible for anyone here to guess what may have been damaged in the wreck

An aftermarket bi xenon hid kit would indeed bypass the factory wiring and eliminate the headlight issues. It will not correct the turn signals but you have mirror signals and rear signals which is sufficient front and rear markings in most states
It will not work since the headlight dos not turn on. I would need to run the kit all the way to the actual switch or to the other headlight. Its not fixing the problem. Its a ghetto temp fix for sure. Would not want to sell it that way to anyone. I will get to the bottom of it and post the result. Thanks for the attempt. Think it can actually be the switch.