CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Engine oil pressure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2018 | 02:12 AM

2006 CL600
Engine oil pressure

Does anyone know how to get the engine oil pressure to show via odb2 scanner/logger on my smartphone?
Is there a plugin that I can download that gives me the option for oil pressure or a different app?
help wanted...lol
Old 07-04-2018 | 05:08 AM

W215 CL65
Originally Posted by Sojo40
Does anyone know how to get the engine oil pressure to show via odb2 scanner/logger on my smartphone?
Is there a plugin that I can download that gives me the option for oil pressure or a different app?
help wanted...lol

Taking a look at your signature, it looks like you have a 2006 cl600?
If so, there is no oil pressure sensor and no way to check it on obd or xentry. The explanation from Mercedes is that they are unnecessary in today's engines as oil pressure problems will already cause damage. I do not agree with this but what can you do?

What you can do (albeit not ideal) is use a mechanical oil pressure gauge set and test oil pressure. There is an plug screw on the front timing cover kind of below and to the slight right of the oil filter housing casting. You can tap into that location to read oil pressure. Buy a new seal ring for that screw plug to prevent leaks. From memory, it is the same as the oil pan gasket ring.

Cheers.
Old 07-05-2018 | 06:33 PM

CL
exact
no oil pressure
Old 07-07-2018 | 11:07 AM

2006 CL600
That is insane oil pressure can tell me a lot. Low pressure reading can save you from Chernobyl-ing your engine.
At best low pressure can mean just replacing the pump worst then that main bearing or complete melt down.
So an over engineered Mercedes has no oil pressure gauge but a damn VW bettle does, genius.
Old 07-12-2018 | 02:40 AM

W215 CL65
Originally Posted by Sojo40
That is insane oil pressure can tell me a lot. Low pressure reading can save you from Chernobyl-ing your engine.
At best low pressure can mean just replacing the pump worst then that main bearing or complete melt down.
So an over engineered Mercedes has no oil pressure gauge but a damn VW bettle does, genius.
I agree with you completely. I can't remember the exact document , but am referring to an official answer from Mercedes. They believe that by the time oil pressure is a problem, the engine is kaput. I agree that oil pressure is a great indication of health of the motor and can save a motor before "Chernobyl" as you put it haha. The best you can do is install a sensor yourself and a gauge mount. Not ideal but can be done.

How about add to the fact that we do not have a damn dipstick-so basically, if the "Computer" malfunctions on oil level there is no safety. For this reason, I chose to replace the oil level sensor as preventative maintenance.

Cheers