CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Other LSD optipns

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 03:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 CL600
Other LSD optipns

So I have read about this other LSD option that is actually very good and much lower cost, it has to do with when Daimler owned Mercedes, during this time Daimler which also owned Chrysler used some then cross platform parts on the Mercedes from Chrysler.
The part I am inquiring about is the LSD (limited slip differential) used on the Chrysler SRT vehicles, these lsd are very strong and the best part can be used on the Cl600, E55...etc
I need to know if anyone can help me with model and part numbers of the Chrysler lsd I need to be looking for.
Info appreciated thanks my friends.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:47 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
2001 Mercedes CL500 2006 E350 4-matic
Originally Posted by Sojo40
So I have read about this other LSD option that is actually very good and much lower cost, it has to do with when Daimler owned Mercedes, during this time Daimler which also owned Chrysler used some then cross platform parts on the Mercedes from Chrysler.
The part I am inquiring about is the LSD (limited slip differential) used on the Chrysler SRT vehicles, these lsd are very strong and the best part can be used on the Cl600, E55...etc
I need to know if anyone can help me with model and part numbers of the Chrysler lsd I need to be looking for.
"when Daimler owned Mercedes"... Daimler AG always did - and still does - own the "Mercedes-Benz" car division. The expensive Chrysler ownership experience did not last very long. A Mercedes or Chrysler dealership should be able to provide you with the LSD part number.
Old 11-03-2018, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 156 Likes on 135 Posts
2002 CL500 to CL55 conversion
be weary when using chrysler parts in place of Mercedes parts. I ordered a 722.6 torque converter from ebay, the seller was under the impression the similar NAG1 tranny was the same as the 722.6 because they seemed similar. I ended up having to remove the tranny AGAIN to remove the chrysler torque converter and use a real 722.6 converter because the ebay converter did not work
Old 08-17-2020, 06:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 CLS55 also 2011 ML350
SRT LSD option

Originally Posted by Sojo40
So, did you get the part number for the SRT LSD, or try it out?