01 CL500 No Power No Start....Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500 CL500.600 CLK500
Smile 01 CL500 No Power No Start....Help

Hello....

I bought a 2001 CL500 with a minor accident that deployed the driver side airbag.
What I have now is a no power condition coupled with a no start, and of course no key movement (which all be related to the no power issue) However I do have a "SOS" light on..

I'm thinking the issue is related to a "Pyro"fuse that is causing my issues, but with the No power issue it is quite difficult to see where I should look first. I towed the car back to my spot where I can diagnose the issue further, however I wanted to get some info on how to start without pulling down the entire car.

What I do know;
1) I have 2 keys for the car and I used the metal key to open the trunk...So I'm assuming the key will authorize the Computer once I get power back
2) I do have title for the car so If I need to get a key...(ouch) ishould be able to get a new key from the dealer...

I'm asking for anyone's assistance on how to best tacle this problem

All the Best!
Old 11-17-2018, 03:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 489 Likes on 433 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by krzekool
Hello....

I bought a 2001 CL500 with a minor accident that deployed the driver side airbag.
What I have now is a no power condition coupled with a no start, and of course no key movement (which all be related to the no power issue) However I do have a "SOS" light on..

I'm thinking the issue is related to a "Pyro"fuse that is causing my issues, but with the No power issue it is quite difficult to see where I should look first. I towed the car back to my spot where I can diagnose the issue further, however I wanted to get some info on how to start without pulling down the entire car.

What I do know;
1) I have 2 keys for the car and I used the metal key to open the trunk...So I'm assuming the key will authorize the Computer once I get power back
2) I do have title for the car so If I need to get a key...(ouch) ishould be able to get a new key from the dealer...

I'm asking for anyone's assistance on how to best tacle this problem

All the Best!
the main fuses are in the trunk by the battery and under passenger side floors lift the carpet starting under the dash and remove the metal panel to expose the fuse block
Old 11-17-2018, 05:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500 CL500.600 CLK500
Originally Posted by tusabes

the main fuses are in the trunk by the battery and under passenger side floors lift the carpet starting under the dash and remove the metal panel to expose the fuse block
thanks...is it possible to buy the fuses independently?
the dealer has no listing for them (so they say) and wants me to buy the entire assy.

Also is that a normal occurance if the airbag deploys the fuse will blow? Would Grainger or another supply chain have these types of fuses?

thanks for your response
Old 11-24-2018, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 138 Posts
2002 CL500 to CL55 conversion
under the passenger floorboard is fuse box x4/10.. you'll need to buy the entire fuse box as it is somewhat odd. you should be able to pop open the x4/10 box and check the fuses, they are large fuses like 140A and will show obvious scarring/burning marks if they have failed. this is usually the culprit for w215 major power issues. if that doesn't solve the problem then i would go hunting for the fuse panel in the trunk. it's by the fuel filler neck if i recall correctly