CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Need help with SAMs please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 11:08 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
CL500 S500
Need help with SAMs please

Hello MB forum, I am new at this and have never been on a forum, so please excuse my ignorance to procedure. I have several Benz's and can usually amatuer my way around repairs with my iCarsoft, but am clueless on my 2002 CL500. I bought it from a scammer in NYC who never told me that it had some, or many, electrical problems: Old key and new key not recoginized, Diagnostic connector does not link to vehicle, only the interior lights, dash, and passenger seat work. The left rear was hit and the window motor damaged (both windows down slightly). I could sure use some advice! Should I take the front 2 SAM and the rear seat SAM units out and replace them with SAM units from my fully functioning parts car (2000 S500)? Will that help me at least get some signal to the diagnostic connector so that I can get some error codes, or will the used SAMs not even function because they dont have the right VIN coded in them. (once again please excuse my ignorance). I did check the trunk fuse box relay and it was not shorted out or fried. The Battery is excellent and fully charged. Thank you in advance, Tom
Old 12-09-2019, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 AMG
I am about to be replacing my front and rear SAMs by the looks of my diagnostic scan today...following
Old 12-10-2019, 12:26 AM

Received 796 Likes on 617 Posts
CL
Hi
You can replace those sam but it requires that they have the exact same options as your car
if on you will get errors
you will need Xentry/Das to set the parameters correctly to your options
don't worry about vin, vin is only in the shifter or/and transmission, dash and engine ecu
The following users liked this post:
biker349 (12-11-2019)
Old 12-11-2019, 10:03 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
CL500 S500
Thank you pmercury! The two front Sams came out of a w220 S500 (not Cl500) but I think the rear (under seat) Sam is the culprit and that came from same year, make and model car. It looks like you are also the one who can guide me on Xentry/Das (no idea what that is) because it sounds like something that I will need in addition to my iCarsoft.
The following users liked this post:
biker349 (12-11-2019)
Old 12-11-2019, 11:01 AM

Received 796 Likes on 617 Posts
CL
Originally Posted by TomsBenzs
Thank you pmercury! The two front Sams came out of a w220 S500 (not Cl500) but I think the rear (under seat) Sam is the culprit and that came from same year, make and model car. It looks like you are also the one who can guide me on Xentry/Das (no idea what that is) because it sounds like something that I will need in addition to my iCarsoft.
Hi
Xentry Das is not something in addition but that replaces iCarsoft.
You can buy it, then you are free from workshop or dealerships, or find a local workshop who will code it for your (costs between 100 and 280 $ or mere depending where you do it)
It is the MB diagnostic Hardware with it's software
Il PM you