CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Rear ABC shock stays up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2021 | 05:17 PM

C215 600TT
Rear ABC shock stays up

Easy folks! I have an unusual issue that may have been seen before. Following any significant weight in the trunk or lifting the front end of the car, the rear left shock elevates and stays there.

If I swap the wiring between the left and right solenoid, the opposite effect occurs, which tells me the shocks operate fine and the valve block solenoids are doing their job; leading me to believe it could be a signal problem. Normally, I can pull the ABC fuse and the whole thing resets well, operating as expected… But this evening, this was not to be (following an otherwise successful soft hose change on the front) Rather annoying.

I have ordered DAS but not available to me yet.
My (original) level links are intact.
Level sensor perhaps?

Other thoughts?

Old 06-15-2021 | 05:38 PM

C215 600TT
Just a little update.

I jacked the back of the car up this evening and allowed the rear wheels to droop. Faffed about for a bit taking a wheel off, changed my mind and jacked the car back down.

Upon starting the car to move it back onto the drive, the red warning came up - so I hit the button and the car levelled off. Was perplexed at that moment but relieved at the same time!

Side note: fluid level went up a little on the engine running mark.

This has happened before now that I think about it. I remember jacking the front up and it was only when I jacked the back up afterwards that the car figured it all out and settled.

Something still not right obviously but at least the car is level again. It must be something to do with travel range and upsetting the parameters when only one end is elevated.
The following users liked this post:
biker349 (06-15-2021)