W215 replace door control module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2022, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL500
W215 replace door control module

Hi All.
I have a couple of queries for forum members on here - both related to the title.

1) I am trying to find a replacement drivers side door/seat control module for my CL500 (2005 model). The part number on the existing one is: 215-821-12-51. Does anyone have any idea where I could search to find one?
I naively ordered what I thought was the right one a few months ago, but turns out it was for a LHD car, so when I fitted it only the passenger side features worked. I'm not getting a whole lot of luck searching that part number online either, so I wonder if the part has been upgraded and the number has changed??

2) Second question I have is - how the hell do you quickly/easily unhook the electrical plugs from these units? When doing the replacement I mentioned above - some were easy, and some were almost impossible to remove. I reluctantly had to resort to using pliers and in doing so bent some of the plastic plugs. I'm thinking there must be some sort of special tool to do this? I bought a set of picks/hooks off amazon - but no luck using those. Maybe there is an order in which you are supposed to release them?

Old 10-28-2022, 05:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK430
Bump… hope you find your answers.
Old 10-31-2022, 03:21 AM

Received 138 Likes on 126 Posts
CL 600 '00 5.8L V12
I think the DCM should be programmed to match the location that it needs to operate. Get to somebody who has SDS/DAS.

To unhook them, you just click in the little lever that is at each connector. Pretty easy to do
Old 10-31-2022, 05:15 AM
SPONSOR

Received 813 Likes on 630 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by sandman1572
Hi All.
I have a couple of queries for forum members on here - both related to the title.

1) I am trying to find a replacement drivers side door/seat control module for my CL500 (2005 model). The part number on the existing one is: 215-821-12-51. Does anyone have any idea where I could search to find one?
I naively ordered what I thought was the right one a few months ago, but turns out it was for a LHD car, so when I fitted it only the passenger side features worked. I'm not getting a whole lot of luck searching that part number online either, so I wonder if the part has been upgraded and the number has changed??

2) Second question I have is - how the hell do you quickly/easily unhook the electrical plugs from these units? When doing the replacement I mentioned above - some were easy, and some were almost impossible to remove. I reluctantly had to resort to using pliers and in doing so bent some of the plastic plugs. I'm thinking there must be some sort of special tool to do this? I bought a set of picks/hooks off amazon - but no luck using those. Maybe there is an order in which you are supposed to release them?

post your vin and I will list you the right module
as said by a member here, might need programming anyway

then, if you imagine maintaining your car with a MB system you are dreaming
you might want to get one, msg me

and no there is no special trick to unplug
just use a tiny screwdriver to help if stuck