CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Issues after ABC Revision

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2023, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
Issues after ABC Revision

Guys, after latest journey, trying to make revision for suspension, I have removed rear valve block and installed new one instead, with updated design. This one:

and added a rear valve block which I removed before to the front, which had some bad signs of mechanical damages.
After starting the car, it seemed that the valve block with updated design had some issues, the rear end of the car was always at the maximum height. Clicking the suspension raise button was moving up only the front side of the vehicle as the rear already was at its highest position.

Next day I took out the rear valve block and installed the one I had left from the front side.

After that all went as should. Made rodeo test, all air was out and went for a drive, but drive seemed too harsh, I can feel all the smallest imperfections on the road da feels like driving car without suspension. Next day in the morning the car was sagged on the left rear side and after that it sags on the rear left every 2-3 hours if not driving.
Sometimes if clicking the ride height button a few times and then switching to sport mode, suspension starts working as it should (Ride becomes comfortable on pot holes and on all imperfections). But still mostly the ride is harsh and if even hitting the smallest pothole you can feel it on the body of the car.

Still no error codes, only sagging on the rear left side and harsh ride most of the time.
Can leakage in the valve block have such a strange issue with the system?

Last edited by traumprinz; 01-04-2023 at 05:58 PM.