CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

No sound from radio. At a loss I NEED help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2023 | 11:59 AM

CL55 AMG
No sound from radio. At a loss I NEED help.

I can’t get any sound to come from my radio or my speakers. The screen is still on and working but I cannot get it to play music, radio, aux, etc. It’s the Bose sound system on my 2003 CL55.
I need a fresh mind on this and because I can’t take it any longer. It’s been a winter long battle I haven’t won yet. I’ve done everything from play around in the secret COMAND menu (I get N1111 0x0190 by the way), to buying an entirely new amp to put in which also didn’t work. I don’t even see a red light coming from the new amp which I assume is the problem. Did I buy a bad amp and got unlucky? Disconnecting the battery didn’t work, removing fuses didn’t work. Unplugging and reinserting the power cable for the amp didn’t work. I have no more options and I need help. ANYTHING is appreciated everyone. Thank you! I love my music on long drives.

Last edited by TP_cl55; 04-16-2023 at 12:01 PM.
Old 04-16-2023 | 02:44 PM

CL500
Hi, We have a CL500, and there are a few fuses related to the radio working. There should be a fuse that's only labeled COM, which is separate from the amplifier fuse. If there's a break in power from there to the radio, then the radio will still turn on and everything will look find - just no audio through speakers. So (1) pull that fuse and put ohmeter probes on each blade. If that ohm reading is near zero, then (2) check power that goes from that fuse block wire to the connector on the back of the radio. The connector number and wire color will be shown in the wiring diagram. If the ohms are high or OL, change that fuse.
So my suggestion is to start with that.
Dave Pitone
Old 04-16-2023 | 02:55 PM

CL55 AMG
Originally Posted by ghazomedia@gmai
Hi, We have a CL500, and there are a few fuses related to the radio working. There should be a fuse that's only labeled COM, which is separate from the amplifier fuse. If there's a break in power from there to the radio, then the radio will still turn on and everything will look find - just no audio through speakers. So (1) pull that fuse and put ohmeter probes on each blade. If that ohm reading is near zero, then (2) check power that goes from that fuse block wire to the connector on the back of the radio. The connector number and wire color will be shown in the wiring diagram. If the ohms are high or OL, change that fuse.
So my suggestion is to start with that.
Dave Pitone
where can I find that fuse in question? I don’t see any COM on any fuse diagrams. Is it in the radio itself similar to how the amp has its own?
The following users liked this post:
DubyaE350 (02-01-2024)