CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

CL500 leaking something?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2023, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 CL500
Exclamation CL500 leaking something?

Hi, so im fairly new to Benz ownership, and currently I have a 04 CL500 that i've probably got about 2 months ago for fairly cheap but very recently, I received a dreaded message (atleast according to the forums I've been reading) of "ACTIVE BODY CONTROL, DRIVE CAREFULLY" in all red across my dash. luckily, i was about a mile away from home when this message popped up and i was able to get home and park and when I got home I noticed a leak by front passenger tire. I am not a mechanic, but I immediately went and got my diagnosis tool to see if it could clarify what the problem may be before i get it towed to a indy MB shop (that quoted me $250 for the inspection) and the tool was no help as it showed up with no issues. So i began inspecting further and doing more googling to see if anyone else has the same problems im currently experiencing. Basically, its a ton of fluid (assuming hydro fluid) around the tire cover and on the rim itself, and the crazist part is the 3 other wheels have nothing leaking or nothing, it could be a worn out hose that finally broke or maybe a cracked strut but honestly have no idea, there was no sagging prior to this issue, so it sorta outta nowhere, if someone who has experience with this type of issue, could point me in the right direction, that would be ****ing amazing. I've called about 5 shops about this issue, but would rather try to fix this issue myself rather then pay $2000+ for someone else to fix it
Old 06-05-2023, 04:34 AM

Received 138 Likes on 126 Posts
CL 600 '00 5.8L V12
You'll need to figure out what the part number of the hoses you have on your car is, then I can sent you replacement flexible sections.

Another thing, you should NEVER drive back home. There is a great chance that you've damaged the pump, which would total the whole ABC system.
Old 06-15-2023, 07:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CL500
Maybe start with checking fluid levels in the two reservoirs, the ABC and steering, which both carry that same fluid and see if they are low. Each has a dipstick, and they adjoin each other.