CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

I'm having problems with my iPod integration kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 SL 55 Black/Black w/mods from Eurocharged/Kleemann/BuckheadImports
Question I'm having problems with my iPod integration kit

Just bought a brand new 80-gig iPod and had my dealer install the iPod integration kit. Unfortunately I can't access any of the playlists or menus from my car, and the whole thing acts crazy wacky alot with lots of errors. Anyone else have this experience?
Old 03-14-2007, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have the iPod kit in the CL600. There's was only one time where there was problem. The controls on the steering wheel stopped responding. I just disconnected the iPod from it's dock in the glove box, waited a few mintues then put it back in. It worked fine afterwards.

As for accessing playlists, songs, artists, albums, and the rest of the menu, don't know if you know this, but you have to hit the left button on the right side set of buttons on the steering wheel (has a phone icon, I believe). To scroll, you then have to use the up and down arrows on the left side set of buttons of the steering wheel. Click "OK" in the middle when you've found what you're trying to find. Also, there's a bit of a lag controlling the iPod through the wheel, so give a second or so after each button you press. I wonder if the buttons were pressed too fast and it couldn't keep up?

Hope that helps.