CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

New CL and MP3 music tips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 05:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CL 550
New CL and MP3 music tips

The long longed day finally arrived. As of last week I am the proud owner of a CL 550. I have not been able to take some pictures due to the lousy weather, but here are some short takes: more detailed reviews to follow:

1) car’s conditions: absolutely perfect: everything worked. Not a single glitch, (save for Bluetooth, more below): amazing for such a complicated car.
2) color: the car is light silver /savanna – cashmere beige combination: a rather unusual one and not recommended by MB: I find it very pleasing.
3) Audio:
a) I was able to burn a bunch of DVD’s with my favorite MP3 classical music tracks, since I do not plan to get tired by them. All Pop / Rock music went in a 8 Gigabytes memory card, which can be erased and rewritten. One word of caution: DVDs have to be burned using the UDF format, which is not supported by Windows Vista (yes I am an early adopter, hence the car!). For this purpose I used a German software called Nero, that can be downloaded from the Net at www.nero.com.
b) Memory cards are easier to handle, by simply copying files and folders.
c) The most striking feature, however, is the quality of sound of DVDs both audio and video.

4) Bluetooth: what a disappointment: it simply does not work using my Windows mobile HTC 620 smartphone. I elected to use the standard MB fix phone using the twin SIM concept which is rather widespread in Europe.
As far as speed and handling are concerned… well, it is neither a Cayenne Turbo nor al SL 55, however is is quite dynamic.
Well, that’s all for today. More to follow.

Last edited by davidegai; 04-01-2007 at 05:41 AM.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Pics?!?!?!

M
Old 04-03-2007, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CL 550
Originally Posted by Germancar1
Pics?!?!?!

M