Should I buy or not? Need advice guys !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 03:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG, CL500, Jag StypeR, SLK200, Aygo, Audi TT
Should I buy or not? Need advice guys !

Hi all,

At present I do not and have never owned a CL BUT a friend of a friend of a friend has one to sell - silver with black - fully loaded with EVERYTHING and at a snippet of just £13K!! Only problem is its done 110.000 miles and with no warrenty im wondering if I should leave it.

I LOVE the CL and this would be a great way of getting into one whilst also keeping my C32 AMG but I dont want expensive bills as soon as I get the CL - what things should I look for in particular and what would you do? Would you trust a 100K mile CL?

FYI - The car drives lovely and nothing stands out as odd. FMBSH. So all 'seems' good - just want some advice thats all.

Cheers in advance all.
Shane
Old 06-22-2007, 03:31 AM

C32 AMG, CL500, Jag StypeR, SLK200, Aygo, Audi TT
Originally Posted by shanusanus
Hi all,

At present I do not and have never owned a CL BUT a friend of a friend of a friend has one to sell - silver with black - fully loaded with EVERYTHING and at a snippet of just £13K!! Only problem is its done 110.000 miles and with no warrenty im wondering if I should leave it.

I LOVE the CL and this would be a great way of getting into one whilst also keeping my C32 AMG but I dont want expensive bills as soon as I get the CL - what things should I look for in particular and what would you do? Would you trust a 100K mile CL?

FYI - The car drives lovely and nothing stands out as odd. FMBSH. So all 'seems' good - just want some advice thats all.

Cheers in advance all.
Shane

BTW - forgot to mention - its a CL500 2000 model.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by shanusanus
Hi all,

Cheers in advance all.
Shane
I do not own a CL but if its sold by a "GOOD" friend then, MAYBE but in what I see here and if this is the case, personally I won't get it. For one, its already 110,000 miles, Second: it may drive and ride good today but tomorrow, I don't know. Considering the fact that you want to avoid HEFTY repair bills, I guess this is not really a good buy in your case. If you have the money and wouldn't mind the repair bills and anything that comes across your way, get it. If not, then try to stay away UNLESS you PERSONALLY know the person selling it and if you can get the VMI of that car, it would be better before making the final choice of buying it.